Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
Hey there. I made a couple of threads already regarding a dodgy email I received and it's legitimacy, but this is about phishing and malware.

Received an email yesterday asking for feedback with my recent iPod purchase. I purchased a new Nano about a month ago. I opened the link on my email on both my Windows machine first, then after questioning the legitimacy on this forum, I then tried it on my iPad. I was logged into my Apple account on my Windows machine as I was on the discussions page, querying the email. I went through the questions seeing if it would ask for my login details - in which case I'd know it was fake - but it didn't. I didn't finish the survey, it was going on too long.

Anyway, I asked Apple about the email and had a reply today saying that it wasn't from them. Now I'm a bit concerned about phishing and malware on both my Windows machine and my iPad. I've ran an AVG scan on my laptop and it came back clean, but I dunno what I can do with my iPad, apart from a restore. What can I do to check my laptop isn't infected, nor is my iPad?

If you want to see the link the 'survey' took me to, I can post it. It was through a website called Advanis.

Thanks.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
There's no need to do anything about your iPad, it can't be affected by that kind of malware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.