Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CB900fer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Florida
Hi, I'm new here, and somewhat unfamiliar with Macs but have had some experience with them. I have a Powermac G4 mdd that my wife got for payment working for a guy for two days. I used it to surf around on the internet and such for about a year, but then my father in law built a Windows PC for my wife as a graduation present, so we don't need the Mac anymore.

As I said before, she got it as payment for a couple days' simple work as part of an inernship, so we don't really have any money invested in it. But we would still like to get those couple days' worth of work out of it.

It's a Powermac G4 mdd, 2GB Ram, 1.24 ghz processor, 80 gb hd, OS X 10.5, Microsoft Office X, and just the basic Mac software. It has a DVD/CD-RW drive, airport, 23" monitor, and keyboard. Oh, and the stand on the back of the monitor was broken at one point, but has been glued and is now solid. Doesn't look pretty, but it works fine.

Would anyone be able to tell me what it might be worth? I'm just planning on selling it locally here in Florida. Thanks for the help guys!

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
I've been trying to sell my trio of G4 733Mhz on CL for 3 months now, they wont sell at the $40 I have them listed for. Personally, I have been trying to get ahold of an MDD, but we are quite far away.

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
A single 1.25 MDD is worth up to about 80 for just the tower in USD depending on specs. With the 2GB memory and 23" I would ask 180-200. I bet you find buyers that just want the screen if it's an ACD.

Zeke: It's not that your QS/DA (both had a 733) isn't worth 40. It's that there is a very limited PowerPC customer base these days and it's getting smaller every day.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
It's not that your QS/DA (both had a 733) isn't worth 40. It's that there is a very limited PowerPC customer base these days and it's getting smaller every day.

Tell me about it! I cant sell what I have, and I cant buy what I need.

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
Tell me about it! I cant sell what I have, and I cant buy what I need.

Story of my life man. I have two now unused Sawtooth's (I only use my G5 now) that I cannot get rid of. I got one of them for $30, and the other for $20 since I helped the guy out that I bought them from by getting him more sales through my friends. So I have two Sawtooth's for $50. I wanna sell them at $25 each just to come out even, but the only guy I know that would buy them from me is a guy I recommended a G4 purchase to, so he already has his own.

Funny thing is that I sold a pretty much useless Macintosh LC with accessories and all packaging/floppies for $90 (came out even here), and an iMac G3 with no keyboard or mouse for $30 (made $5 on that one) to a fellow computer collector a few weeks ago, but I cannot for the life of me sell these NEWER G4 towers. Haha.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.