Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1
digipeter
macrumors member

Share from FCPX to iPod Classic

The 'share' button for my project in FCPX doesn't mention the iPod Classic. Only, within its option to export to 'Apple Devices', an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and MAC. As my FCPX (10.0.5) project already and evidently is on my iMac (version10.6.8), I wonder which option to choose and how, if still necessary, it is then imported in iTunes. So, what is the exact workflow to follow in this case?
digipeter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:20 PM   #2
aarond12
macrumors 6502a

Share to any of those presets, then take the file and put it through Handbrake. It has an iPod (classic) preset which will resize it to 320x240. Honestly, this is only necessary if you want to reduce the file size.

You should be able to use the iPhone preset for the iPod. iTunes will tell you if it cannot sync the file to your iPod. If so, right-click on the file within iTunes and iTunes will resize the video for you as well (albeit very slowly).

http://handbrake.fr/

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod