Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:27 PM   #1
blackhawk089
macrumors newbie

Iphone 4G wifi/sim reader issues

Ok so I have a black iphone 4G for att I purchased to repair, running into some issues havn't had before. I restored the phone through itunes, and upon trying to activate the phone using a sim I quickly figured out that the sim reader did not work. So I hacktivated the phone, using jailbreak, and now I bypassed the activation and can now get to the homescreen. The cameras work, and the wifi works SOMETIMES. The wifi will be greyed out sometimes, but when it works it will continue working until I either reset the phone or power it off. The wifi speed is fine, I downloaded installus and some cydia fixes so I could make sure the phone was untethered jailbreak. The sim reader does not work at all, will not recognize any sim, and I have a feeling it is somehow affecting the wifi. I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
blackhawk089 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting