Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1
HuskyMac
macrumors newbie

Netflix streaming problems on ATV3 (Refurb)

Lately I have had big problems with streaming anything on Netflix. Started about a week and a half ago and video stops and buffers. I have 20+ megs cable internet so I know it is not that. To see if it was Netflix, I streamed some stuff on my Xbox and had no problems. I also went from using WiFi to plugging directly into the router and that still didnt fix. I restarted the ATV and still problems. Anyone else have issues like this.. Thanks in advance.

Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:49 AM   #2
freediverdude
macrumors 6502a

Yes don't worry you're not alone. There is a network connectivity problem going on with the Apple TV, whether they're admitting it or not. Lots of comments/threads over at the Apple support forums about this.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:19 AM   #3
Westside guy
macrumors 601

I occasionally have this problem with Netflix, but in my case rebooting the ATV3 has solved it every time. But yeah, it's annoying.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:19 AM   #4
takezo808
macrumors member

It may not be networking issue. I would try other streaming with ATV such as Air play, other sources sucah as youtube app etc... If only the netflix has buffering issues. it means that the netflix software is at fault.

Only n00bs will jump to the conclusion it's a network interface issue with out testing other software or network related features first.
takezo808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:08 PM   #5
freediverdude
macrumors 6502a

Trust me, it's network. Happens on both Netflix and iTunes streaming. Rebooting the device doesn't help. Lots of discussion happened over on the Apple discussion boards.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:18 PM   #6
HuskyMac
macrumors newbie

It seems like everything else streams fine... YouTube, previews and even replays on the MLB app. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Netflix problem. They really just need to open up the ATV to developers to make everything better.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater