Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:40 PM   #26
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
I saw this story a couple of weeks ago on a local radio stations webpage and what stood out for me was the following:

source

Isn't that the ideal weight of a blue whale?
she needs to lower her target weight by about another 400lbs
dukebound85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:33 PM   #27
juanm
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to juanm Send a message via Skype™ to juanm
Quote:
I saw this story a couple of weeks ago on a local radio stations webpage and what stood out for me was the following:

Pauline feels confident that her “bumping uglies” diet will continue to help her achieve an ideal weight of 532 pounds, and she has encouraged Alex to visit more frequently to help speed up the process.

Isn't that the ideal weight of a blue whale?
Nah, that's the sperm whale

juanm is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:03 PM   #28
dXTC
macrumors 68000

I know that 532 pounds seems far from an "ideal" weight in many people's eyes. However, she's been well over 600 for so long (I can corroborate that, as I've seen her on several BBW and SSBBW-related sites**) and has had serious mobility problems for close to a decade. This goal is considerably more reasonable for her situation, at least in the short term. She'll regain a considerable bit of mobility, yet remain large enough so that she doesn't have such a tough mental task of reconciling her body image -- and will still be considered attractive enough to her ex-husband or other suitors willing to help her continue with her "sexercise" regimen.

** disclaimer: FA here, so yeah, I've seen my share and more of big ladies like Pauline, Donna Simpson and others. I don't get into the feeder aspects of it, though; that's taking it too far, IMH and weird O. I was never much of a fan of Donna's for that very reason.
dXTC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:50 AM   #29
MattG
macrumors 68040

Boner kryptonite.
MattG is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:56 AM   #30
Queso
macrumors 603

Maybe this is what we need for society to cure the growing obesity problem. More sex for everyone

BTW, anyone else find it funny that they can apparently have sex whilst living in different states?
Queso is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:56 AM   #31
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by dXTC View Post
yet remain large enough so that she doesn't have such a tough mental task of reconciling her body image
There's nothing mentally tough about reconciling your body image going from extra large to healthy weight, I will testify to that. In fact, it's mentally enjoyable.

So no, her target weight is still about 400 lbs too high like dukebound put it.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:20 AM   #32
dXTC
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWRX View Post
So no, her target weight is still about 400 lbs too high like dukebound put it.
That's why I said "at least in the short term." Living at 500-ish pounds is still difficult and carries a considerable risk of accelerating other health problems, but at least it's a start from the nearly-unbearable 700, and she may become motivated later to reduce in 100-pound steps.

I can only hope that she can find a good plastic surgeon over time. Given her uneven weight distribution, she may find the excess skin on her legs seriously impeding her motion (obvious aesthetic/cosmetic factors aside).
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:29 AM   #33
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queso View Post
BTW, anyone else find it funny that they can apparently have sex whilst living in different states?
Are you saying she's big enough to occupy more than one state at the same time.

You can be in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona at the same time, and not be a blue whale.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:34 AM   #34
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
she may find the excess skin on her legs seriously impeding her motion (obvious aesthetic/cosmetic factors aside).
Skin is an organ, a living mass of tissue that can grow and shink, it's not a rubber band that can be stretched too large and never resume it's initial shape. As long as she keeps burning fat, the skin will eventually shrink to fit her new body.

"Loose skin" or "excess skin" is merely excess fat deposits that are still present in certain areas under the skin preventing the organ from assuming the right shape. Of course, these deposits are harder for the body to burn, so it tends to go for muscle mass instead of these, which is why most people resort to surgery to remove them.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:55 AM   #35
Queso
macrumors 603

Quote:
Are you saying she's big enough to occupy more than one state at the same time.

You can be in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona at the same time, and not be a blue whale.
Yeah I know it's childish, but found it funny that's all.
Queso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:26 AM   #36
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I know it's childish, but found it funny that's all.
I got a chuckle out of it too.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:34 AM   #37
Abstract
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Boner kryptonite.
Mattress kryptonite. Poor mattress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy82 View Post
On another hand, with a woman that big, you'd better be hung like a horse to even reach much less pleasure her.
He hasn't been sticking into a vagina at all. It was just a roll of fat shaped like it may have been the right spot.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:43 AM   #38
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract View Post
Mattress kryptonite. Poor mattress.

He hasn't been sticking into a vagina at all. It was just a roll of fat shaped like it may have been the right spot.

Oh come one

ericrwalker is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:54 AM   #39
dXTC
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWRX View Post
Skin is an organ, a living mass of tissue that can grow and shink, it's not a rubber band that can be stretched too large and never resume it's initial shape. As long as she keeps burning fat, the skin will eventually shrink to fit her new body.

"Loose skin" or "excess skin" is merely excess fat deposits that are still present in certain areas under the skin preventing the organ from assuming the right shape. Of course, these deposits are harder for the body to burn, so it tends to go for muscle mass instead of these, which is why most people resort to surgery to remove them.
Under normal and even moderately abnormal conditions, skin can shrink back. However, this shrinking has limits. In extreme situations such as Pauline's, the skin can be stretched so thin to the point of breaking open (especially when edema is present) and/or stays distended because of large numbers of new skin cells that grew in to cover the volume over time. Skin also naturally loses elasticity as a person ages; this explains why wrinkles form on older persons' face and hands. Combine these factors together, and the patient ends up with a double-whammy of excess skin tissue and subcutaneous fat tissue (however deflated) that chafes easily, is hard to keep clean and healthy, and is aesthetically unpleasant.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:28 AM   #40
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Under normal and even moderately abnormal conditions, skin can shrink back. However, this shrinking has limits. In extreme situations such as Pauline's, the skin can be stretched so thin to the point of breaking open (especially when edema is present) and/or stays distended because of large numbers of new skin cells that grew in to cover the volume over time. Skin also naturally loses elasticity as a person ages; this explains why wrinkles form on older persons' face and hands. Combine these factors together, and the patient ends up with a double-whammy of excess skin tissue and subcutaneous fat tissue (however deflated) that chafes easily, is hard to keep clean and healthy, and is aesthetically unpleasant.
You're talking about stretch marks. Those will never go away. But the skin will resume its shape, it will shed the extra cells as long as it can. The problem is again leftover fat deposits. It's not that the skin doesn't have the necessary elasticity, it's that there's still something there underneath, ie, fat deposits.

But more fat is easy to say. The problem is the body also tends to try and burn muscle mass when fat is too hard to burn, and that's definately you don't want as it will lower your overall strength and metabolism.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:18 PM   #41
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Orange Furball
So... either she's fine, her skin breaks open, or she has fat deposits that end up tricking her body into burning muscle?

The things people will do for sex...
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:21 PM   #42
AFPoster
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
This should leave a nice image in your head and ruin any plans you had of getting intimate with your significant other and/or self tonight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1116995
I knew I shouldn't look but this is awesome / hilarious and at the same time awkward.
iPhone 5s 16gb
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:51 PM   #43
Tomorrow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
And just when I thought MacRumors had some members who were ever so slightly mature ...

Tolerance: A lost art.
You forget that the world is still okay with making fun of "fatties." It's only the retards, queers, midgets, and other people in groups named with even more disgusting slurs that are off-limits to ridicule.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:34 PM   #44
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post

hahaha... coming from Jessica this is priceless.
I'm sure you'd think that ... comprehension is tough, I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow View Post
You forget that the world is still okay with making fun of "fatties." It's only the retards, queers, midgets, and other people in groups named with even more disgusting slurs that are off-limits to ridicule.
Oh right, I had forgotten!
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:50 PM   #45
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Quote:
We fatties are just proud of our poundage
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:03 PM   #46
Queso
macrumors 603

Quote:
The difference is, as the woman in the linked to article proves, it's possible for anyone to lose weight regardless of the size they begin at. I've yet to meet a "retard", a "queer" of a "midget" that can do anything to change the condition that marks them out as different. Don't like people mocking you for being fat? Then lose the weight. It's actually simple enough providing you accept it won't happen instantly and keep at it.

Personally I wish her luck. Not only is her weight moving in the right direction, she's bloody well enjoying herself whilst doing it. Hopefully she'll keep it up (oo-er!!) and add another 10 years to her life as a result.

Gives a new meaning to the F-Plan Diet, that's for sure
Queso is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:28 PM   #47
Tomorrow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Don't like people mocking you for being fat? Then lose the weight. It's actually simple enough providing you accept it won't happen instantly and keep at it.
It is?? Well, halle-****ing-lujah, it's simple! I had no idea! And here all this time I was thinking it was too hard to bother! Silly me!

Your comments come across like you're telling an alcoholic, smoker, heroin junkie, etc. to "just don't use it anymore - it's so simple!"

In any event, if you're genuinely okay with making fun of someone's condition simply because you see it as elective, then I truly am the bigger man here.

Last edited by Tomorrow; Jul 20, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Tomorrow is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:45 PM   #48
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Loosing weight is simple when you figure out what works for you (in this case, she jiggles and looses weight. But another person may have to eat carrots for the rest of their life to be skinny) its different for everyone.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:41 PM   #49
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange furball View Post
Loosing weight is simple when you figure out what works for you (in this case, she jiggles and looses weight. But another person may have to eat carrots for the rest of their life to be skinny) its different for everyone.
Actually, it's the same for everyone. As long as you burn more calories than you ingest, you will lose weight. This applies to every biological being out there.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:50 PM   #50
Queso
macrumors 603

Quote:
It is?? Well, halle-****ing-lujah, it's simple! I had no idea! And here all this time I was thinking it was too hard to bother! Silly me!

Your comments come across like you're telling an alcoholic, smoker, heroin junkie, etc. to "just don't use it anymore - it's so simple!"
Did you note the conditional second part of my statement you quoted? The bit that implied it takes a bit of effort and willpower?

And please don't tell me you're not capable of it. You are, just like every smoker is capable of giving up if they want to enough. Same with heroin addicts. The biggest battle is wanting it enough to make the long term commitment it requires. And of course understanding that the hardest part is always the first couple of weeks.
Quote:
In any event, if you're genuinely okay with making fun of someone's condition simply because you see it as elective, then I truly am the bigger man here.
The only point I'm making is that you're drawing equivalence with things that aren't really equivalent.
Queso is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events