Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammy.d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I am a uni student and use the Goodnotes app on my iPad. I would like to be able to access the files that I create in Goodnotes from my Mac. I was thinking the best way to do this would be to have iCloud sync the Goodnotes files to my Mac. How can I get iCloud to sync files that I want it to (iCloud capabilities aren't inbuilt in the app)?

sammy.d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
iCloud is limited to Apple-specific apps.

Are you sure? In my mobile documents folder (~/Library/Mobile Documents) there are folders for two of my apps, Goodreader and Consume. So I assume they are using iCloud for something.

I am happy to try and use Dropbox. I think I would somehow have to use aliases because Goodnotes doesn't use Dropbox like that. Is it possible to set up aliases in the iPad filesystem, linking the files I use in Goodnotes to somewhere that Dropbox can actively sync with?

I am jailbroken and have iFile installed which I think would make this easier if possible...

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Honestly, I don't know. I don't have Goodnotes. You may be right about iCloud hosting more than Apple data, but I've never seen any option to enable that in the iCloud settings.

sammy.d

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Could someone with the Goodnotes app please tell me where it stores its modified files? Ive decided that until they incorporate iCloud functionality my best bet would be to access them via SSH and modify them on the iPad via my computer in the cases where I need to access them on my macbook. However, looking through the filesystem, I cannot find where it keeps the annotated files. In two places I have found what seem to be the originals of the imported files but nowhere can I find the files containing annotations over the originals, or even any files that I created within the app.

The two places I found are in the app folder...
.../Documents/Inbox
.../Library
but these both contain only originals of the imported files.

Any help would be appreciated.

(If no one has the app, it is cracked and can be downloaded off the net... purely for this educational purpose...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.