Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:26 AM   #1
gusping
macrumors regular

Unhappy My 'Recently added' playlist has been removed

Hi peeps,

I used to love the 'recently added' playlist on my iPod and iPad as it meant i could listen to just my new songs but a few months ago it removed itself from iTunes, how can i get it back? I don't want to manually create a playlist and put songs in it myself, the 'recently added' playlist did it automatically.
If i am correct i think it was removed after an iTunes update.

All help appreciated,
Thanks
gusping is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:12 PM   #2
TomAndrews
macrumors member

Hello!

To recreate the playlist (which is known as a 'smart playlist'), go into iTunes on your computer. Click on 'file' on the top left, and then click on 'new smart playlist'. A box will then come up in which you can select certain criteria for. Just match it to the one in the picture (which is my 'recently added' playlist).

Hope this helped, let me know if not!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screeny Shot 20 Jul 2012 00.10.06.png
Views:	1134
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	348920  
TomAndrews is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:59 AM   #3
gusping
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAndrews View Post
Hello!

To recreate the playlist (which is known as a 'smart playlist'), go into iTunes on your computer. Click on 'file' on the top left, and then click on 'new smart playlist'. A box will then come up in which you can select certain criteria for. Just match it to the one in the picture (which is my 'recently added' playlist).

Hope this helped, let me know if not!
Thanks!!!! One issue, it is including my recently added movies aswell. How do i make it just for the latest songs i've added?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:41 AM   #4
TomAndrews
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusping View Post
Thanks!!!! One issue, it is including my recently added movies aswell. How do i make it just for the latest songs i've added?

Thanks
Not a problem! I assume you'd press the plus on the right hand side, then - from the first drop down list - select 'Media kind'. Second drop down list would be 'is', and the final list would be 'music'. Like in the picture.

If that doesn't work, change the second drop down list to 'is not' and the third list to 'movie'. Hopefully that would work for you!

Again, i'm no master at this i'm kinda just guessing, so if it doesn't work, or if anyone knows another way then let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screeny Shot 20 Jul 2012 12.37.54.png
Views:	175
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	348990  
TomAndrews is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:01 AM   #5
gusping
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAndrews View Post
Not a problem! I assume you'd press the plus on the right hand side, then - from the first drop down list - select 'Media kind'. Second drop down list would be 'is', and the final list would be 'music'. Like in the picture.

If that doesn't work, change the second drop down list to 'is not' and the third list to 'movie'. Hopefully that would work for you!

Again, i'm no master at this i'm kinda just guessing, so if it doesn't work, or if anyone knows another way then let me know
Oh thanks, the drop down menu wasn't viewable for me but i have it now.
thank you so much!!!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Tags
added, ipod, itunes, playlist, recently