Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Candunc
macrumors member

Quality of wireless video stream to Apple TV3?

I'm about to upgrade my setup, I'm getting a mac mini (I'll wait for the update on that) and I'll be using it for gaming. I'm wondering, what would the quality of the stream be from a mac mini to an apple TV 3 be. Would it be good enough to move to another TV to play on, or am I better off just getting HDMI cables to them?

Thanks in advance, I was wondering if anyone with an Apple TV 3 and a dev of mountain lion have tried this out.
Candunc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:31 AM   #2
tdhurst
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Huh?

You want to use AirPlay to wireless stream your games from the Mac Mini to the TV?

You're always going to have a bit of lag when using wireless tech for most games. Go wired.
tdhurst is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater