|Nov 24, 2012, 09:19 PM||#1|
TIP: activate iMac airplay/airparrot mirroring remotely from iPhone
i had an issue with airplay, to view my iMac display on my TV I had to get up, walk to the other room and click airplay on my iMac then walk back to my couch. PITA. here's a tip if you want to remotely activate airplay on your iMac or Macbook without leaving your couch.
1. If you have airplay, simply download bettertouchtool for osx (awesome app) and get the $2 remote app for iPhone and set a custom function to enable airplay mirroring.
2. If you don't have an airplay compatible macbook or imac and are using airparrot, it's more complicated but works like a charm once it's set up. You still need to download bettertouchtool for your Mac and iPhone, then:
3. I downloaded menubar rearranger to ensure my airparrot icon would always load first and be in the same position. You might not need to do this.
4. download clickclick to be able to script mouse movements and clicks
5. Then create an applescript:
activate application "Terminal"
tell application "System Events" to keystroke "/Applications/Accessories/cliclick c:2194,12 w:200 c:2194,12 w:50 c:2226,100
tell application "Terminal"
(edit for whatever path you're using for clickclick, and your mouse coordinates will differ from mine. Hit cmd-shift-4 to get the coordinates you need to accurately click your menu items).
6. Go into bettertouchtool, under BTT Remote create a new shortcut under "Global". Select "open application/file/script" and find the applescript you just made. Give it a name and voila, all done.
7. Open the bettertouchtool app on your phone, connect to your Mac, click on Global, click on your script shortcut.
* Bettertouchtool is also handy because you can set iphone shortcuts to turn off airparrot mirroring, turn the display off, make the computer sleep, etc..
Last edited by qwimjim; Nov 26, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
|Nov 25, 2012, 06:25 AM||#3|
|Nov 25, 2012, 09:18 PM||#5|
|Nov 26, 2012, 02:46 AM||#6|
Secondly, a VNC client (to which there are free ones) does work with airparrot. It is not the most difficult thing to point an arrow at the menu bar with your iPhone to activate airparrot's mirroring capabilities.
|Nov 26, 2012, 06:44 AM||#7|
My post is helpful, yours is misleading, I'm not sure what your purpose is but you should think about deleting your posts in this thread.
Last edited by robbieduncan; Nov 27, 2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: No need for that sort of language at all
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|AirPlay Mirroring from iPad to 27 in iMac?||nygiants242||iMac||1||Oct 24, 2013 10:11 PM|
|AirPlay mirroring from new iMac problem||bhs00||Apple TV and Home Theater||0||Feb 16, 2013 03:44 PM|
|iMac to iPad AirPlay Mirroring||digitalfailure||iMac||8||Feb 11, 2013 06:02 AM|
|Would the iPhone 5 support widescreen AirPlay Mirroring||bhan2010||iPhone||0||Sep 15, 2012 11:32 PM|
|Help - Mac mirroring with Airparrot||jim31||Mac Basics and Help||0||Jul 26, 2012 06:46 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.