Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and i've search but couldnt find anything. I'm a hobbyist photographer and i currently have an hp and a toshiba satelite to process the pictures, they come with HD and the colors dont seem to be right when finished.
I've only heard about the MBP is the way to go, so the question is if any of you who were in the same boat as i am and made the switch?
And another reason that motivates me to join and create this thread is a friend of mine who's selling a MBP 13" i5, 4gb, 500gb hd, in like new cond for $700. Is this a good deal?

thank you for stopping by and your advice! :)

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and i've search but couldnt find anything. I'm a hobbyist photographer and i currently have an hp and a toshiba satelite to process the pictures, they come with HD and the colors dont seem to be right when finished.
I've only heard about the MBP is the way to go, so the question is if any of you who were in the same boat as i am and made the switch?
And another reason that motivates me to join and create this thread is a friend of mine who's selling a MBP 13" i5, 4gb, 500gb hd, in like new cond for $700. Is this a good deal?

thank you for stopping by and your advice! :)

Definitely check ebay or craigslist for the same model and condition. Also, refer to Apple's refurbished store to see what you can get with a warranty.

Mac's are the ultimate in photography. I can only speak from second hand experience, but my father is a professional color corrector and he uses a Mac Pro exclusively.

Enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.