Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1
iHuby
macrumors newbie

Syncing Galaxy S3 with Mac and iPhoto

I have two questions:

1. How do I sync the Galaxy S3 with my Mac?
2. How do I sync it with iPhoto?
iHuby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:30 PM   #2
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHuby View Post
I have two questions:

1. What do you mean sync it with you Mac? What do you want to sync exactly?

2. I'm not an expert on Android but I think you'll have to drag and drop. I don't think you'll be able to do a sync so that it updates automatically whenever you plug in your phone. I could be wrong though.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

1. Syncing with Mac? Need more info. It's certainly not going to sync the way iPhone syncs with iTunes.

2. Sync with iPhoto: It should be recognized as a camera. Load iPhoto and select import frm camera. It should be available in the drop down.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Mac.World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHuby View Post
I have two questions:

Couple options:
Option 1:
Download Kies 2.0 for Mac from Samsungs website. Google search it.

This can take 10 minutes or more to install. Be patient. It has to install Samsung usb drivers, plus the program itself. Once done connect S3 with the UsB cable that came with the phone and the rest will be self explainatory.

Option 2:
Download Android File Transfer app on your computer. Follow steps to transfer files in the program. This is a drag and drop program, not a sync type program.

Option 3:
Go to Google Play store and download an app called isyncr. Follow the directions.
Mac.World is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:51 PM   #5
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
Option 2:
Download Android File Transfer app on your computer. Follow steps to transfer files in the program. This is a drag and drop program, not a sync type program.
Such an awful app. I used it for 2 weeks and dreaded every moment I was using it. Kept crashing and was unresponsive a lot.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:55 PM   #6
iHuby
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
Couple options:
Option 1:
Download Kies 2.0 for Mac from Samsungs website. Google search it.

This can take 10 minutes or more to install. Be patient. It has to install Samsung usb drivers, plus the program itself. Once done connect S3 with the UsB cable that came with the phone and the rest will be self explainatory.

Option 2:

Option 3:
Go to Google Play store and download an app called isyncr. Follow the directions.
Thank you for taking the time to explain these options to me.
iHuby is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:54 PM   #7
yetanotherdave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherdave Send a message via MSN to yetanotherdave Send a message via Yahoo to yetanotherdave
I'm using double twist, it sync's playlists, and can even airplay video to appleTV, and is a podcast manager/downloader. downside is it's fairly pricey for all the features at 10.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Dunbar
macrumors 6502

This app with the associated desktop client would be the easiest way. It doesn't work yet with the North American version of the S3 though (hopefully soon.)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nc.android.app
Dunbar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:13 PM   #9
davehp
macrumors newbie

USB PC connection settings

under USB PC connection, choose the camera option instead of the media device option, and then the phone will show up as a device in iPhoto. Then you can import, etc, although it may not automatically sync
davehp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices