Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Burro

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Will there be a feature to enable larger font/text sizes in OS X Mountain Lion similar to that which exists in Windows Vista/7? Many people want/need this because at high resolutions such as 1080, the text becomes too small to read. Yes, I'm aware of the command +/- feature, zooming, and downgrading the resolution on the monitor, but these aren't fixes & is annoying. The closest thing to a solution currently is TinkerTool, but that has its limits.

I know that this has been a huge request that many people have been wanting for at least 6 years now.

I hope that now Apple is pushing out "Retina Display" super high resolution screens, that the pressure will be higher to allow greater font/sizes throughout the OS X system.

Nevertheless, I am honestly very disappointed that Apple after several iterations of OS X does not have this feature whereas Windows and Linux have had it for over 10 years now.

Why hasn't this been implemented yet? Are there any technical obstacles in doing so or is it just Apple being lazy/stubborn & hates our eyes. Maybe Apple wants our vision to suffer so badly so that we end up, one day, needing to buy the iEye (pronounced "aye aye").

Seems like Apple is going downhill. None of the updates since Snow Leopard have been really all that amazing. Basic features like font/size adjustability for the system will probably never happen. Apple used to listen to their customers, but now they've become the new

Edit: Thread was closed without any notice so I am posting this again as I did not violate any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.