Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muppetsliveon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Hey. I'm new here. I'm having problems with an iPod classic 80gb 6th generation. I hook it up to the computer open up the iPod file. I'm thinking this is the problem. Help, please?
http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/xml/redir.asp?EXT=metadata_never_index

EvilTrovis

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2012
Orlando, FL
Why are you trying to open the .metadata_never_index file? What good will that do you?

What are you trying to do? Put music on it? Is it a new iPod, or at least new to you? If you're trying to open that file, then that means you at least see the iPod. Does the iPod show up in iTunes?

Muppetsliveon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I put my ipod on the usb cord. Windows gives me a scan and fix (recommended) window. I click scan and fix. Then it gives me a window that says check and fix problems. So I click check on Automatically fix file system errors and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. I click start.
"Some problems were found and fixed. any files that were affected by these problems were moved to a folder named 'found' on the device or disk. Your device or disk is now ready to use.
If you removed the device or disk before all files were fully written to it, parts of some files may still be missing. If so, go back to the source and recopy those files to your device or disk."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.