Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sumalee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Hi,

I'm still a beginner with Mac Os X and I have some issues that I can't figure out at the moment. Usually I have a 469gb available on my hd since I have a 30 gb bootcamp partition with all my software installed I got around 45-50 gb taken so im down to around 403-410 gb available on my hd,but now I have only 185 gb left.

Here's my problem, in a matter of only a few days I now have only 185 gb available space with over 284gb used! I've done everything I could find on internet and still can't figure what's going on...

Swap used : 0 kb...
I have around 50 gb of data going from my photos to a sleep file for the bootcamp vm (16gb)

I've looked everywhere, nothing explain that much of wasted space

Anyone can help me?
I'm sorry for that wall of text of bad english

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
there are programs like disk inventory that can help.

also are you using time machine? it can store backups on the boot disk if the external disk is not connected/powered up - there are threads on disabling this.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Are you using misconfigured third party, or Apple's, backup helpers? If so, manage to get rid of the local backups. Otherwise post here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.