Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:20 AM   #1
Shredder-
macrumors regular

Beats Mixr vs Beats Solo?

I'm buying either the David Guetta Mixr Beats or the Beats Solo, but still unsure which one to pick. Anyone that has experience with both?
Shredder- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:56 AM   #2
NZed
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder- View Post
I'm buying either the David Guetta Mixr Beats or the Beats Solo, but still unsure which one to pick. Anyone that has experience with both?
To be honest, i would stay away from it. For me its a great waste of money for that sound quality. You could get better for the same or just a bit more price.

But if you want it, i'd say theres no difference between those head phones. After trying both for a couple hours, i'd say, no difference and just go with the more comfortable one.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:02 PM   #3
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
There are better headphones for half the price.

But before I suggest any I'd have to ask about how you intend to use the headphones. Are you recording? Is the room noisy or will these be used in a quiet studio environment? What kind of music? Are you mixing sound, editing video? Casual listening while waiting for a bus? Are you on an airplane?

Also if anyone tell you which headphones are "best" and does not know the answers to the above his advice is nearly worthless because even if of high quality they may be a poor match to your needs.
ChrisA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:05 PM   #4
afroAnt
macrumors regular

Quote:
One of my friends said that the Mixr beats are hands down better than the solos (he really loves beats). But IMO go with another brand of headphones, beats are way over priced. If you are looking for style try V-MODA they have awesome customisable headphones and they are well priced, around $200.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:37 PM   #5
MacFan23
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroAnt View Post
One of my friends said that the Mixr beats are hands down better than the solos (he really loves beats). But IMO go with another brand of headphones, beats are way over priced.
I'd agree with this. I currently use Beats and love them, but they're no doubt overpriced unless the brand means a lot to you.
MacFan23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:14 AM   #6
PAPO
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
There are better headphones for half the price.

But before I suggest any I'd have to ask about how you intend to use the headphones. Are you recording? Is the room noisy or will these be used in a quiet studio environment? What kind of music? Are you mixing sound, editing video? Casual listening while waiting for a bus? Are you on an airplane?

Also if anyone tell you which headphones are "best" and does not know the answers to the above his advice is nearly worthless because even if of high quality they may be a poor match to your needs.
agreed, we need better info if we're to recommend the "best" headphones BUT some headphones are good all rounders like the AKG Q460's while there are some things they are great at, there are still pretty good at everything else
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Okcthunder
macrumors newbie

Beats solo or beats mixr will use them for long bus rides and and at school
Okcthunder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Gofre
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okcthunder View Post
Beats solo or beats mixr will use them for long bus rides and and at school
Are you open to other recommendations? As mentioned above, you can get superior headphones for half the price.
Gofre is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 07:21 AM   #9
Okcthunder
macrumors newbie

I know but I want beats
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:13 PM   #10
Gofre
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okcthunder View Post
I know but I want beats
Just get the Solos then. You aren't going to get particularly good sound quality either way so at least you'll spend less money. From my time comparing the two there's not much separating them in terms of sound, not enough to justify the price difference at least, and the Mixrs were very uncomfortable.
Gofre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 07:17 AM   #11
Okcthunder
macrumors newbie

Ok thx for the help
Old Sep 2, 2013, 05:33 AM   #12
TheSkyeCrumbles
macrumors newbie

There is a slight difference. I went to Target and checked out the Beats and they put the solo and mixr next to each other. First, I tried the solo. Sounded like regular headphones and were super comfortable. Then, I tried the mixr and the sound was much louder and sort of different. I don't know if that's the same for the mixr you want to get.
TheSkyeCrumbles is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio