Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
i was on 9gag and my early 2011 macbook pro 13" suddenly froze. the screen was on and looked normal but i couldnt move my mouse. can this be caused some kind of malware? i never visit any suspicious sites :/ my apple care runs out in like few weeks, should i bring it to apple and have it looked? is this normal?

DutchAmerican

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2012
Drunen, Netherlands
i was on 9gag and my early 2011 macbook pro 13" suddenly froze. the screen was on and looked normal but i couldnt move my mouse. can this be caused some kind of malware? i never visit any suspicious sites :/ my apple care runs out in like few weeks, should i bring it to apple and have it looked? is this normal?

I don't think it is any malware. If you have more freezes on other programs then I should take any action.

Remember, those 3th party apps can have bad scripts what should be fixed. Just check when you have more freezes.

njean777

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
Get off 9gag and just go to 4chan or reddit. 9gag is for people that do not know better.;)

But seriously computer freezes can happen even with the newest technology. Just restart and go on about your day.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Buy apple care and extend it for another 2 years then not worry about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.