Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:50 PM   #1
ANTONkoolaid
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Apogee Duet and Duet 2 on rMBP

Set to get a new 2.3/16/256 rMBP next week and was wondering if any of you out there have used Apogee's products on them?

I currently have the original Duet with FW 400 connection and wondering if I'll need to upgrade to the Duet 2 since I would have to go FW400>FW800>Thunderbolt. Anyone with any experience on this in the early life of the rMBP?
ANTONkoolaid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Destroysall
macrumors 65816
 
Destroysall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTONkoolaid View Post
Set to get a new 2.3/16/256 rMBP next week and was wondering if any of you out there have used Apogee's products on them?

I currently have the original Duet with FW 400 connection and wondering if I'll need to upgrade to the Duet 2 since I would have to go FW400>FW800>Thunderbolt. Anyone with any experience on this in the early life of the rMBP?
I'd go with the Duet 2. You can always sell the original Duet if you'd like to help grab the Duet 2.

Hope that helps!
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:15 PM   #3
ANTONkoolaid
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post
I'd go with the Duet 2. You can always sell the original Duet if you'd like to help grab the Duet 2.

Hope that helps!
Just jumped on craiglist and found and bought a Duet 2 for $300. Quite the steal and I guess that solves that problem!

Let's just hope the update to ML doesn't kill functionality like Lion did..
ANTONkoolaid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Destroysall
macrumors 65816
 
Destroysall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTONkoolaid View Post
Just jumped on craiglist and found and bought a Duet 2 for $300. Quite the steal and I guess that solves that problem!

Let's just hope the update to ML doesn't kill functionality like Lion did..
Nice!! It should be fine as the Duet 2 is the current & updated Duet from Apogee Digital. I'd say your fine. If you fear a problem may occur, wait until an ML compatible driver arrives to make the OS upgrade.
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:45 PM   #5
vibeknight
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTONkoolaid View Post
Just jumped on craiglist and found and bought a Duet 2 for $300. Quite the steal and I guess that solves that problem!

Let's just hope the update to ML doesn't kill functionality like Lion did..
I also bought an Apogee Duet 2 for $300 on the Portland, OR Craigslist today... It was literally new in the box, cables still packaged, pricetag on the box... crazy... borderline sketchy...

Unfortunately I'm using the Mountain Lion GM and I have yet to manage to get the Duet software to install. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.
vibeknight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:31 PM   #6
ANTONkoolaid
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibeknight View Post
I also bought an Apogee Duet 2 for $300 on the Portland, OR Craigslist today... It was literally new in the box, cables still packaged, pricetag on the box... crazy... borderline sketchy...

Unfortunately I'm using the Mountain Lion GM and I have yet to manage to get the Duet software to install. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.
What the hell... me too! From a guy named Dennis with sketchy emails and a lot of "financial problems"? Haha did you meet Old Town/Chinatown and what time today? Something seems fishy but for now I'll enjoy that deal.

Just using my Duet one for output through my monitors for music right now as I'm using a loaner 2008 MBP that can't run more than 4 tracks on Logic/Garageband. Please keep me updated on how it goes!

By the way, are you using a rMBP by chance?
ANTONkoolaid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:45 PM   #7
vibeknight
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
WELP... ****.... I pretty much had that same experience, but in North Portland. I wonder where he stole them from. Early 2011 15" MBP by the way.
vibeknight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:17 PM   #8
ANTONkoolaid
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibeknight View Post
WELP... ****.... I pretty much had that same experience, but in North Portland. I wonder where he stole them from. Early 2011 15" MBP by the way.
Haha ya, makes me wonder if I should be registering the Serial # with Apogee...
ANTONkoolaid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:15 AM   #9
vibeknight
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Yeah I'm feeling kinda bad about it... But at the same time now that guy has all my cash... I wonder how many other people he's sold them to who haven't seen this forum haha.
vibeknight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:03 AM   #10
ANTONkoolaid
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibeknight View Post
Yeah I'm feeling kinda bad about it... But at the same time now that guy has all my cash... I wonder how many other people he's sold them to who haven't seen this forum haha.
Install official ML with any problems on the Duet today?
ANTONkoolaid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apogee Duet Setup RopeAndSummit Digital Audio 1 Nov 22, 2013 06:20 AM
Apogee mic or duet all in? PlanetExp Buying Tips and Advice 1 Apr 25, 2013 02:18 AM
Apogee Duet 2 and speakers micke1967 Digital Audio 3 Mar 19, 2013 06:41 AM
What speakers to use with apogee duet 2 micke1967 Mac Peripherals 3 Feb 27, 2013 03:05 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC