Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:50 PM   #1
ANTONkoolaid
macrumors member

Apogee Duet and Duet 2 on rMBP

Set to get a new 2.3/16/256 rMBP next week and was wondering if any of you out there have used Apogee's products on them?

I currently have the original Duet with FW 400 connection and wondering if I'll need to upgrade to the Duet 2 since I would have to go FW400>FW800>Thunderbolt. Anyone with any experience on this in the early life of the rMBP?
ANTONkoolaid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTONkoolaid View Post
Set to get a new 2.3/16/256 rMBP next week and was wondering if any of you out there have used Apogee's products on them?

I currently have the original Duet with FW 400 connection and wondering if I'll need to upgrade to the Duet 2 since I would have to go FW400>FW800>Thunderbolt. Anyone with any experience on this in the early life of the rMBP?
I'd go with the Duet 2. You can always sell the original Duet if you'd like to help grab the Duet 2.

Hope that helps!
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:15 PM   #3
ANTONkoolaid
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post
I'd go with the Duet 2. You can always sell the original Duet if you'd like to help grab the Duet 2.

Hope that helps!
Just jumped on craiglist and found and bought a Duet 2 for $300. Quite the steal and I guess that solves that problem!

Let's just hope the update to ML doesn't kill functionality like Lion did..
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Just jumped on craiglist and found and bought a Duet 2 for $300. Quite the steal and I guess that solves that problem!

Nice!! It should be fine as the Duet 2 is the current & updated Duet from Apogee Digital. I'd say your fine. If you fear a problem may occur, wait until an ML compatible driver arrives to make the OS upgrade.
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:45 PM   #5
vibeknight
macrumors newbie

Quote:

I also bought an Apogee Duet 2 for $300 on the Portland, OR Craigslist today... It was literally new in the box, cables still packaged, pricetag on the box... crazy... borderline sketchy...

Unfortunately I'm using the Mountain Lion GM and I have yet to manage to get the Duet software to install. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.
vibeknight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:31 PM   #6
ANTONkoolaid
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibeknight View Post
I also bought an Apogee Duet 2 for $300 on the Portland, OR Craigslist today... It was literally new in the box, cables still packaged, pricetag on the box... crazy... borderline sketchy...

Unfortunately I'm using the Mountain Lion GM and I have yet to manage to get the Duet software to install. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress.
What the hell... me too! From a guy named Dennis with sketchy emails and a lot of "financial problems"? Haha did you meet Old Town/Chinatown and what time today? Something seems fishy but for now I'll enjoy that deal.

Just using my Duet one for output through my monitors for music right now as I'm using a loaner 2008 MBP that can't run more than 4 tracks on Logic/Garageband. Please keep me updated on how it goes!

By the way, are you using a rMBP by chance?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:45 PM   #7
vibeknight
macrumors newbie

WELP... ****.... I pretty much had that same experience, but in North Portland. I wonder where he stole them from. Early 2011 15" MBP by the way.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:17 PM   #8
ANTONkoolaid
macrumors member

Quote:
WELP... ****.... I pretty much had that same experience, but in North Portland. I wonder where he stole them from. Early 2011 15" MBP by the way.
Haha ya, makes me wonder if I should be registering the Serial # with Apogee...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:15 AM   #9
vibeknight
macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm feeling kinda bad about it... But at the same time now that guy has all my cash... I wonder how many other people he's sold them to who haven't seen this forum haha.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:03 AM   #10
ANTONkoolaid
macrumors member

Quote:
Yeah I'm feeling kinda bad about it... But at the same time now that guy has all my cash... I wonder how many other people he's sold them to who haven't seen this forum haha.
Install official ML with any problems on the Duet today?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio