Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:09 PM   #1
zombiemommy
macrumors newbie

Question about the .trashes file in the hidden iPod folder

What are they exactly, and do I actually need them on my iPod? Even if I try to see what's in the folder, there's a little arrow pointing down in the right hand corner, and when I click on the folder it says I "don't have permission to see it's contents." I'm wondering if it maybe has anything to do with the other files on my iPod, when I have it hooked up to itunes it says I have 37.6GB of other files so I'm just confused on what they actually are, because I don't have anything but music on my ipod, with the exception of .01Gb of video.

What should I do? Is there any other way to get around this besides a restore, or is that my best bet?

oh and I forgot to add that I have a 160GB ipod classic, with 37.5GB of music.

Last edited by zombiemommy; Jul 22, 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: adding details of what I have.
zombiemommy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Tags
.trashes, ipod, other files