Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
I know, another great apple care experience story, but that's what these forums are for, right?

I have an Early 2011 MacBook Pro with antiglare high res display. It had multiple issues and I just picked it up today for yet another repair done.

Here's the list of replacements:

- Logic Board 2x
- Top Case
- Hard drive
- RAM
- Airport/Bluetooth card
- HDD flex cable (2x)
- Superdrive
- Battery
- Antiglare Display
-
Today, after picking it up from it's Display replacement, I noticed a big scratch on the bottom, next to one of the screws (looked like of one of those technicians had a screwdriver slip). I knew it was not there and so I took it in again (quite irritated) today just a few hours of actually leaving the store.

The genius employee that I spoke to was surprised and after spending 5 minutes listening to my dissatisfaction, he went to the back. Came back in 5 minutes saying to offer me a brand new MacBook Pro Mid 2012 model as an Apple Care replacement!

The 16GB 1600Mhz + Crucial M4 256GB SSD will be transferred to the new model and the remaining Apple Care period (april 2014) will also be transferred.

So, I left my MacBook Pro and the new one is due for pick-up in 2 weeks.

I'm happy! Great service after all.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2010
Thats awesome that they are replacing it with a new 2012 model. But 2 weeks? Ouch! Id go nuts without my computer for 2 weeks.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It's one of the things that keeps Apple at the top. The CS and AC support is second to none. I have never had to make any kind of claim except for one faulty ATV2 unit when they launched...Not only was it swapped out the next day, but I got a hefty discount on my new iMac, and a personal letter of apology from them as well. I've dealt with a lot of companies over the years, some are truly awful....Sony and I fell out years ago, and I have only recently bought one of their 3D TV's...So far, so good.

A lot of big outfits just don't give a damn about their customers, taking them for granted. I hope Apple never let the CS side slip, it's why I keep coming back for more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.