Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theRAMman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2012
The Moon.
We have all been hoping for a late July release, wich seems unlikely now due to the complete lack of any kinds of rumors about the type. The last rumor on this we page about the mini was from the keynote this year! So is it possible we will have to wait for the mini to be updated next year with the pro?

theRAMman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2012
The Moon.
That's what I've been dreading. I need to get a computer by the end of this year, and ive been holding out for a new mini. I will be dissopointed if they don't release one this year

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
It's both unlikely and anti-consumer. You guys are drinking the wrong kool-aid this time. If nothing else, Apple has dragged their feet long enough on usb3. That alone warrants an update.

szolr

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Any possibility of Apple discontinuing the Mini? I mean, when Jobs returned to Apple he killed off all products bar two desktops and two laptops. Half of the products were for pro users; half were for consumers. The White Macbook's gone. Maybe the Mini's going to drop out of the race? :confused:

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I went to frys and got the 2.3 i5 version today for 529. But call ahead just to make sure. They do hold it with a credit card.

michaelant

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
I just have to say that the typo "Mac mimi" is hilarious and is making me smile.

Apple's new anthropomorphized and cuddly Mac.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Considering that in 2011 the MBP was updated in February and then the Mini was updated in July, even though it uses the exact same parts, don't you guys think it's a bit early to start with the hysteria and the sounding of the death bell for the mini?

Desktops brought in a 1/3 of the revenue for Apple's Mac division so it would be stupid to throw that away. Apple isn't being run by stupid people, so I am not sure why people come up with this hysterical scaremongering?

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
If the 13" MBP had a dedicated GPU like the 15" I'd buy that, I'm tired of waiting for the new mini and I'm not paying 2012 prices for 2011 tech with the 2011 mini. My 2008 MBP is getting toooo slow!

theRAMman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2012
The Moon.
The cheapest Mac desktop, the minimalist Mac Mini, which doesn't even include a monitor, speakers, keyboard or mouse, costs $650 for a model with a hard disk I consider adequate.
It comes with an internal speaker and since when has 500gb HHd been inadequate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.