Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
i bought a used iphone 4s which came with applecare , but i am not sure it its applecare or applecare + ... is there a way to tell which one is it ? or is it the same thing now?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
i bought a used iphone 4s which came with applecare , but i am not sure it its applecare or applecare + ... is there a way to tell which one is it ? or is it the same thing now?

It's definitely not the same thing now, but I'm not sure how to tell the difference.

Try THIS and see what pops up. It should give you more info about your warranty.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
It's definitely not the same thing now, but I'm not sure how to tell the difference.

Try THIS and see what pops up. It should give you more info about your warranty.

i cant tell by looking at this info ... it only says service till September 2013 , phone support till September 2013 as well

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
if you use the link below then you get a list of your stuff that's covered or for which coverage recently expired. On the left hand side of the resulting display, if you have AppleCare+ then that's what shows up in the heading information over the coverage details for your iPhone agreement. Otherwise it says AppleCare Protection Plan over the details.

http://www.apple.com/support/applecare/view/

Last edited:

beauregard

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
Southern California
OK, I have the answers.

First, since Sept., 2013 is more than a year out, what you see acknowledges that there is some AppleCare associated with the device. Otherwise, no date more than a year out would appear.

Now, the difference between AppleCare and AppleCare +. First, AppleCare is no longer offered - for a new machine, if you want coverage, you must spend a few more $$ and get the + version. The AppleCare + adds coverage for 2 incidents of accidental damage, each for $49+ tax.

These answers apply to the U.S. only.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
OK, I have the answers.

First, since Sept., 2013 is more than a year out, what you see acknowledges that there is some AppleCare associated with the device. Otherwise, no date more than a year out would appear.

Now, the difference between AppleCare and AppleCare +. First, AppleCare is no longer offered - for a new machine, if you want coverage, you must spend a few more $$ and get the + version. The AppleCare + adds coverage for 2 incidents of accidental damage, each for $49+ tax.

i bought it used from a reseller , so who ever the original owner was must have bought it .... so you saying iphone 4s was only sold with applecare + ..no applecare ?

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
OK, I have the answers.

Wrong.

You can get regular Applecare after the initial 30 day period has passed. I was just offered it by Apple the other night when I called in about an issue and my 90 technical support had expired.

OP, just call Apple support and they will tell you.

----------

i bought it used from a reseller , so who ever the original owner was must have bought it .... so you saying iphone 4s was only sold with applecare + ..no applecare ?

For the first 30 days it's only sold with Applecare Plus. After that you can still buy regular Applecare during the first year of the product.

As I said above, call Apple support and they will tell you which version you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.