Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l.w41sh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Florida
Whether its 8AM or 12Midnite, its still tomorrow, right? So you might as well relax,do what it is you do during the day and go to sleep cause when you wake up, hopefully the new ML OS will be waiting at the Apple store. :)

Yeah I know. But if in fact there servers crash. (they will) I want to be able to download it early so I don't have to be checking back all day trying and failing.

Also I have class and I know ill be up at 12 AM so I can start the download and install then go to bed.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Well my mini says its 8:18 right now central time. And no mention on apple page yet.

jlrathke

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
Whether its 8AM or 12Midnite, its still tomorrow, right? So you might as well relax,do what it is you do during the day and go to sleep cause when you wake up, hopefully the new ML OS will be waiting at the Apple store. :)

I would like it available early so I can start downloading before I go to work. I leave at 6:00 am CDT and won't get home until about 5:30 pm CDT so I know if I can't download it until later there will be server backlog. I'm still running Snow Leopard on my early 2011 MBP and Lion on my late 2011 mini, but the whole airplay has me excited. I work all day on an XP desktop and a Unix workstation, so I don't do much on the home computers other than entertainment, music, movies and surfing the internet....

Jerry

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Yeah I know. But if in fact there servers crash. (they will) I want to be able to download it early so I don't have to be checking back all day trying and failing.

You won’t be getting it from an Apple server - you will be getting it from a local CDN owned and operated by Akaimi. You will get it without having to constantly re-try.

Seth Mac Fan

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
No that is not apple's style they will usually release it in the morning on the day of release but you may be waiting a while the first week because a lot of people will probably be downloading it so it may be slow to download .

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Well its after midnight central and it still says coming in july on apples website.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
So no luck yet? When I lookup San Fransisco on my iPhone, it's still says yesterday! So 'tomorrow' hasn't even started yet... :confused:

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Only 'midnight' Apple release I know of is the iPhone 4 pre-order (not sure of the 4S since I wasn't eligible for upgrade at the time). As far as software it's been late morning early afternoon, depends on when Tim decides to call the guy and say 'make it so'.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.