Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musiclover87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I downloaded the Gold Master a couple weeks ago. I just heard the official release is coming out tomorrow.I've had my Macbook for almost 2 years. I downloaded the full version of SL last year but this year I found out the Gold Master had been seeding on torrent and I downloaded it. I have couple questions

A couple questions:
- Should I download the official version of the ML on my mac when I have the Gold Master version? People have said the gold master is the final version the ML and I will get the updates like usual.
- Facebook Notification come in Fall? I've heard this rumor but I wanted to make sure.
- does the Mountain Lion Gold Master run my harddrive?

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I downloaded the Gold Master a couple weeks ago. I just heard the official release is coming out tomorrow.I've had my Macbook for almost 2 years. I downloaded the full version of SL last year but this year I found out the Gold Master had been seeding on torrent and I downloaded it. I have couple questions

A couple questions:
- Should I download the official version of the ML on my mac when I have the Gold Master version? People have said the gold master is the final version the ML and I will get the updates like usual.
- Facebook Notification come in Fall? I've heard this rumor but I wanted to make sure.
- does the Mountain Lion Gold Master run my harddrive?

Hi musiclover, and welcome to the forum.

A few points:

- Piracy is against the rules of this forum - if you downloaded ML by illegal means and liked it, please buy the legit version tomorrow - it's just 20 bucks - same for SL;

- Yes, it seems so;

- "run" or "ruin"? If the latter, it shouldn't.

pjhamill

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2010
Correct, the GM is the same as the final release.

And yes, Facebook support is coming in fall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.