Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
From what I've heard, Mountain Lion works wonderfully with the MacBook Pro Retina.I think I'm going to wait for 10.8.1 though, as you can never to be sure how smooth the first version will work. Still, I'm rather curious how Logic Studio works with ML, and I'm wondering if anyone else here has used them together.

jonmarchyde

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2012
I`m very new to Logic so I don`t know if i`m the best source for this. But as no-one else has posted a response. I`ve spent a fair bit of time in the last week playing around with Logic Pro 9.1.7 on my Retina Macbook 2.6ghz, 16gb RAM, 512gb. I`m running the Mountain Lion GM and everything in Logic has worked fine for me. I`ve obviously not delved too deep in to the program though as i`m very much a noob with it! Seems great though.

Only thing out of the ordinary that i`ve noticed is that it kicks in the discrete GPU for whatever reason? I don`t think the program really needs it but it`s not causing any issues so it`s nothing worth being concerned about.

Hope this helps : )

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
I've bit the bullet, and upgraded to Mountain Lion. Everything works fine (and so far, I've not encountered a CPU overload!).

I believe the dedicated GPU will turn on if certain files associated with a program are loaded. Logic probably doesn't need the GPU, but I leave it running, as I'm always plugged in when using Logic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.