Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
So, Mountain Lion is here, and they already exchanged some pictures on the Apple website for new ones. But when do you expect the store to go down in order to exchange the images there (and launch potential new Minis)?

iCaleb

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
USA
Hopefully soon.....I want a new mac mini and I don't really feel like waiting 2-3 months.

Please be July Apple!!!!!!!

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
I don't even want to buy ML now ... because you know, I could get it for free on a new Mac Mini ... :eek:

iCaleb

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
USA
I don't even want to buy ML now ... because you know, I could get it for free on a new Mac Mini ... :eek:

That's what I'm thinking.

I wonder if they will start to sell 2012 minis with ML within the next week.....Or if they will just sell 2011 minis with ML.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
That's what I'm thinking.

I wonder if they will start to sell 2012 minis with ML within the next week.....Or if they will just sell 2011 minis with ML.

Well, the OS X and "Integrated Apps" page on all Macs already says they come with Mountain Lion, although in the Apple Online Store, it clearly says Lion ... This doesn't have any real connection to the Mini, 'cos they just exchanged the pages everywhere, but it's somehow strange to praise ML in the product description, even saying "Comes with your Mac" and then charging 20 bucks additional for it ...

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Well, the OS X and "Integrated Apps" page on all Macs already says they come with Mountain Lion, although in the Apple Online Store, it clearly says Lion ... This doesn't have any real connection to the Mini, 'cos they just exchanged the pages everywhere, but it's somehow strange to praise ML in the product description, even saying "Comes with your Mac" and then charging 20 bucks additional for it ...

I'm confused, are you saying all Macs (no matter when purchased) should get Mountain Lion Free because the website states they come with Mountain Lion or are you stating that it will cost you $20 for any new Macs because when you check out it states it comes with Lion? If it is the latter, Apple already announced that any Mac purchased after mid-June would get a free upgrade to Mountain Lion... So yes all new Macs purchased today comes with Mountain Lion. I'm just not sure what you are getting at....

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
I'm confused, are you saying all Macs (no matter when purchased) should get Mountain Lion Free because the website states they come with Mountain Lion or are you stating that it will cost you $20 for any new Macs because when you check out it states it comes with Lion? If it is the latter, Apple already announced that any Mac purchased after mid-June would get a free upgrade to Mountain Lion... So yes all new Macs purchased today comes with Mountain Lion. I'm just not sure what you are getting at....

Oh yeah, forgot that the Up-to-date program also applies to Macs purchased after the release of ML. Thanks for clarification.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
if they were going to announce mac minis in july it would be in the store already with a little note , "now shipping with mountain lion."

heres hopes for a mac mini august release

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
if they were going to announce mac minis in july it would be in the store already with a little note , "now shipping with mountain lion."

heres hopes for a mac mini august release

Don't get your point. If there'd be the 2011 Minis with the sign "Now shipping with ML" the july release would be unlikely, but as they haven't even updated the store yet, we just have to wait some days more. If they update it and sell the old Mini with ML, it's probably some weeks to months until the Mini 2012 release.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
geeze. at least the imac thread has come to terms that the update wont be july. seems to be quit a few folks in denial over here in the mac mini thread though. keep wishing though. if you wish hard enough it will happen.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Until the store is updated (and it has to be to replace the pictures with ML ones) everything is possible.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
geeze. at least the imac thread has come to terms that the update wont be july. seems to be quit a few folks in denial over here in the mac mini thread though. keep wishing though. if you wish hard enough it will happen.

Yeah there's still quite a few folks over here in the Mini Camp that seem to think everything is a sign of a new release....

It will happen when it happens.... I'm waiting until Haswell at this point anyway to upgrade my Mini's since I have a 2011 (was thinking about getting a 2012 until I picked up an old Mac Pro).

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
It will happen when it happens.... I'm waiting until Haswell at this point anyway to upgrade my Mini's since I have a 2011 (was thinking about getting a 2012 until I picked up an old Mac Pro).

Good decision for you. But I for my part NEED a new Mac for a very important project next spring / summer, as my only computer right now is a 2,66 GHz C2D MacBook Pro from 2009, which honestly is fast enough for everyday computing, but not for massive FCP X / Motion / Aperture workflows.

So I'll have to wait for something with a Quad-Core CPU and a dedicated graphics card. iMac isn't an option for me, so waiting is the only option I have ...

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, but no Macs get shipped with ML right now. Let's see ...

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Good decision for you. But I for my part NEED a new Mac for a very important project next spring / summer, as my only computer right now is a 2,66 GHz C2D MacBook Pro from 2009, which honestly is fast enough for everyday computing, but not for massive FCP X / Motion / Aperture workflows.

So I'll have to wait for something with a Quad-Core CPU and a dedicated graphics card. iMac isn't an option for me, so waiting is the only option I have ...

I still really doubt it will have a quad core 2.1 like you hope it will. My guess is that the dedicated graphics model will have the dual core i7 2.9ghz just like the high end 2012 13" Macbook Pro has (the early 2011 13" Macbook Pros and the 2011 Mac Mini's had the same processors). Apple has no incentive to put a quad core and discrete graphics card into a Mac Mini....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.