Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:26 AM   #51
nemaslov
macrumors 6502a

Where's the empty cache????

I just downloaded on my iMac and there is no longer an empty cache?? Where did it go and how you to empty it now? I went over to my Macbook that still has the older Safari and it's there???

Anyone??
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:27 AM   #52
jkelly17
macrumors newbie

I just installed the Safari 6 update and now the Safari application crashes every time I try to open it. Does this happen to anyone else?
jkelly17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:34 AM   #53
Taipan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raftysworld View Post

On a side note, does anyone think that the prevalence of the number 6 in recent products (iOS6, Safari 6) implies that the 6th generation iPhone will be called the iPhone 6?
I'm sure that many of those who were absolutely sure that an iPhone with an A5 chip and iOS5 would NEVER be called iPhone 4S do...
Taipan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:38 AM   #54
PharmD
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to PharmD
Removing RSS from Safari and Mail really sucks. Half of my friend's blogs were in RSS as well as many of my favorite sites. Bad move Apple!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:50 AM   #55
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
"Empty Cache" has now been moved to the "Develop" dropdown menu and it offers the option of "empty caches" [sic] or "disable caches" [sic]. To show the "Develop" menu in the menu bar, go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced and checkmark the box that says "Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar."
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:53 AM   #56
adream
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
"Empty Cache" has now been moved to the "Develop" dropdown menu and it offers the option of "empty caches" [sic] or "disable caches" [sic].
thats a really stupid new feature, yet again apple hiding or removing useful and important power user options... i despair :-(
adream is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:57 AM   #57
AppleDApp
macrumors 68000

I have 10.7.4 on my machine and downloaded the safari 6 beta a while ago. I had an issue with the beta a few weeks back. I tried to get the safari 6 update thru Software update and it's not there. Can someone give me a direct link to safari 6 for Lion?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:10 PM   #58
nemaslov
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by adream View Post
thats a really stupid new feature, yet again apple hiding or removing useful and important power user options... i despair :-(
I a thousand years I would never have found that!!???!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
"Empty Cache" has now been moved to the "Develop" dropdown menu and it offers the option of "empty caches" [sic] or "disable caches" [sic]. To show the "Develop" menu in the menu bar, go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced and checkmark the box that says "Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar."
Thank you. I would NEVER have figured that out. The Develop menu should have been default ON and then you could turn off if you so desired. Who is gonna ever figure that one out??
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:12 PM   #59
johan.k
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmo View Post
Activity VIEW window disappeared.... sooo disappointing...
Anybody could clarify whether this feature missing in ML?... In OSX Lion - yes, it's missing... Pls bring it back Apple!...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:42 PM   #60
valexa
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musio View Post
You're kidding!? This was the best way to download files.... Any alternative?
file requests on bugreport.apple.com to get it back
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:44 PM   #61
vohdoun
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by adream View Post
It doesn't even make sense that it's also gone from the reset Safari window.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:44 PM   #62
valexa
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan.k View Post
Anybody could clarify whether this feature missing in ML?... In OSX Lion - yes, it's missing... Pls bring it back Apple!...
Missing in safari 6, independent of operating system
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:46 PM   #63
azentropy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD View Post
Removing RSS from Safari and Mail really sucks. Half of my friend's blogs were in RSS as well as many of my favorite sites. Bad move Apple!
I agree. I really missed it when using the Developer builds of Mountain Lion, but I was hoping it just wasn't added back in yet. I really use it a lot in Safari to notify me of changes to certain forums/posts (like MacRumors, MLBTradeRumors etc.). For example it would place a number (1) in the bookmarks bar when MacRumors posted a new article or when MLBTradeRumors posted an article on my Diamondbacks feed.

Guess I need to find a different method.
azentropy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:48 PM   #64
jamieg
macrumors member

Don't update if you use RSS

Really disappointing with the RSS features disappearing from Safari Woudn't have updated if I'd known. RSS links open up in Mail now. No use for me. Will be switching to Firefox
jamieg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:50 PM   #65
geeman89
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDApp View Post
I have 10.7.4 on my machine and downloaded the safari 6 beta a while ago. I had an issue with the beta a few weeks back. I tried to get the safari 6 update thru Software update and it's not there. Can someone give me a direct link to safari 6 for Lion?
I have the same problem. Hopefully Apple will have a link on the Safari page of their website later.
geeman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:51 PM   #66
AppleDApp
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDApp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman89 View Post
I have the same problem. Hopefully Apple will have a link on the Safari page of their website later.
I just called AppleCare and they confirmed that the latest Safari update was not yet on there support website.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:00 PM   #67
AirThis
macrumors 6502

Google search bar gone

Google search bar has gone. It's been merged with the main address bar. This is now called smart search field by Apple. I tried customizing the toolbar but I just don't see any option for putting it back. The search functionality is still there, but I just don't like the new layout.

This is what I'm referring to:

http://www.apple.com/safari/#search
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:02 PM   #68
adream
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirThis View Post
Google search bar has gone. It's been merged with the main address bar. This is now called smart search field by Apple. I tried customizing the toolbar but I just don't see any option for putting it back. The search functionality is still there, but I just don't like the new layout.

This is what I'm referring to:

http://www.apple.com/safari/#search
it makes searching for urls or bits of urls a real pain in the arse

fail +1
adream is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:04 PM   #69
superduperdom
macrumors member

keeps crashing after installing. Would not allow me to restore windows. What a pain. How to go back ?
superduperdom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:13 PM   #70
vohdoun
macrumors 65816

Why can't Safari 6 not handle animated gif's all that well? like Firefox. Some still have black transparency like 5.17 and laggy scrolling while in view.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:27 PM   #71
dcorban
macrumors 6502a

One great change is the order of the items listed in the address bar drop-down. Now, bookmarks are listed near the top. This is very welcome, as I usually just type part of the bookmark name to find bookmarks I use infrequently.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:36 PM   #72
duncyboy
macrumors 6502a

Just installed Safari 6 with Lion on my old iMac and have to say it is a MASSIVE improvement for me. Much faster and much smoother. Definitely a step in the right direction
duncyboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:48 PM   #73
CplBadboy
macrumors 6502

All joking aside with regards to it feels snappier. It actually does. Im running an 2.1 Blackbook (no ML for me though but the upgrade to Safari 6 is welcome
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:09 PM   #74
segfaultdotorg
macrumors regular

Don't like the wider tabs at all. Is there any way to turn that off?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:18 PM   #75
DakotaGuy
macrumors 68030

If you were to say that Safari seems snappier you would be correct and this time it is no joke! Great update and fast!

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion