Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Preview.png

3.0 released! Change log added.

Installer Uninstaller
Requirements: Mac running Leopard 10.5.8 with a PowerPC G4 or better processor.

Last edited:

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
I tested all 3 versions of the Lion theme on a spare Sawtooth that I use as a software testing ground. Good work.

Although by the third version you added a better installer that also adapted more of the OS with the theme I still prefer the graphite colour from the first version. It's much closer to the graphite colour used on the Sawtooth, Gigabit and Digital Audio towers so I had a soft spot for it.

I also miss the arrows in the top right of windows. Even though the function was still there I prefer the look of the arrows there.

So in my opinion if the newer versions had the first graphite colour and the arrows back I would say it was a perfect theme.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
I tested all 3 versions of the Lion theme on a spare Sawtooth that I use as a software testing ground. Good work.

Although by the third version you added a better installer that also adapted more of the OS with the theme I still prefer the graphite colour from the first version. It's much closer to the graphite colour used on the Sawtooth, Gigabit and Digital Audio towers so I had a soft spot for it.

I also miss the arrows in the top right of windows. Even though the function was still there I prefer the look of the arrows there.

So in my opinion if the newer versions had the first graphite colour and the arrows back I would say it was a perfect theme.
Ill see if I still have the first theme and I'll make a special version for you. ;)

I Was making leopard look like mountain lion before it was cool :p
HIPSTER! :p

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
Ill see if I still have the first theme and I'll make a special version for you. ;)

If you did that I would really appreciate it. I like the old graphite enough that I have stuck with the first version.

Any tech issue I can help you with just let me know.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
If you did that I would really appreciate it. I like the old graphite enough that I have stuck with the first version.

Any tech issue I can help you with just let me know.
Here's the file. Download and the install ML theme when its finished go to System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ and delete (you must delete it first simply replacing it will do nothing) the ArtFile.bin and replace it with the Zen.State version then restart and it should be done.
Installed it and it works great, thanks Aqua. you are awesome.

View attachment 349814

And why is my"advanced" icon like this?
Thanks, I'll fix it in the next release.
Nice work. It's great to know there's people like you out there.

EDIT: Do you need leopard?
yes this will only work on Leopard.

Last edited:

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
Thanks AQUADock! You seriously just earned 1000 cool points. :)

I assume this will work on all the themes? Using it on version 3 of the Lion theme now and it looks great. Will try this ML theme soon.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks AQUADock! You seriously just earned 1000 cool points. :)

I assume this will work on all the themes? Using it on version 3 of the Lion theme now and it looks great. Will try this ML theme soon.

you're welcome, and yes it should work with any version.

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
I see! I love your earlier work by the way, I have the Lion theme installed right now and was curious about what changes I should be looking for when "upgrading". :)

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
This totally beats just changing the desktop background to the Mountain Lion one.

True. I don't use the ML wallpaper but there is just something about square/rectangle buttons that works better for me. I can't even really explain it.

The new buttons was about the only thing I liked about Lion when I was using it for a few weeks. Leopard with the Lion look is the ultimate OS for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.