Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronlam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
1. In the new screensaver, you can't select a folder and use all images in subfolder. So I would have to dump all my images into one folder to have them all used. Smart Folders don't work either.

2. I don't like the Safari 6 tabs extend all the way across and changes depending on how many tabs I have open. It changes where I have to click on the tab. For example, if I always have Hotmail in one tab and Gmail in another, the position to click to those tabs changes depending on how many tabs I have opened.

Any ideas how to change these back? Everything else seems well.

Thanks.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
1. In the new screensaver, you can't select a folder and use all images in subfolder. So I would have to dump all my images into one folder to have them all used. Smart Folders don't work either.

2. I don't like the Safari 6 tabs extend all the way across. Changes where I click on the tab. For example, if I always have Hotmail in one tab and Gmail in another, the position to click to those tabs changes depending on how many tabs I have opened.

Any ideas how to change these back? Everything else seems well.

Thanks.

Those 2 things have been bothering me too. I'm interested to find out if we can revert them to how they were before.

lukejames

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2012
I wholeheartedly agree on Safari 6 tabs

What a terrible, terrible decision. I don't think I've ever found an OS X "feature" more annoying. Everything about it is wrong to me, and I can't figure out why they think it is a good change. I want my tabs consistently spaced, so my eye knows where to look for the names, and I want to be able to double click in the bar for a new tab!

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I don't like the tab change, but it doesn't bother me really because I am just opening like 4-5 empty tabs so they are evenly spaced and I just swap back and forth no issue, even if a few say Top Sites or Blank.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.