Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psharp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
My web browsing techniques involves mouse + a variety of keyboard shortcuts. most notably DELETE(backspace) has been the default back for as long as I can remember. I find that with todays update of Safari it is no longer functional. I also can't reset a new hotkey in system preferences.
Anyone else have this issue and or a solution?

terrymaz

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
SF Bay Area and Chicago Area
My web browsing techniques involves mouse + a variety of keyboard shortcuts. most notably DELETE(backspace) has been the default back for as long as I can remember. I find that with todays update of Safari it is no longer functional. I also can't reset a new hotkey in system preferences.

Thank god !!!!! LOL You know how many times i was filling out a form and did that where it lost all my info. LOL Sorry for you but if they took that out i am way happy about it ;)

Pacwell

macrumors member
May 14, 2012

Probably because the 2 finger swipe is more convenient and they are trying to force people to use it.

psharp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Probably because the 2 finger swipe is more convenient and they are trying to force people to use it.

This is unfortunate for people like myself who don't use a MacBook Pro and still use a traditional mouse. I've tried both a trackpad and magic mouse and neither met the cut when it came to my personal workflow.

Pacwell

macrumors member
May 14, 2012
This is unfortunate for people like myself who don't use a MacBook Pro and still use a traditional mouse. I've tried both a trackpad and magic mouse and neither met the cut when it came to my personal workflow.

I used to think the same. But I forced myself to use it to take advantage of the gestures. I have found ways around not having a 3rd or 4th button with more hotkeys.

psharp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
I used to think the same. But I forced myself to use it to take advantage of the gestures. I have found ways around not having a 3rd or 4th button with more hotkeys.

I do a lot of 3D work, I find it imperative to have a middle click with a distinctive click with completely rules both devices. :(

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Yep.. it is gone. Just do a command-left arrow.

Pacwell

macrumors member
May 14, 2012
I do a lot of 3D work, I find it imperative to have a middle click with a distinctive click with completely rules both devices. :(

I work in C4D and found some "key replacements"

I would prefer the middle mouse, but I think the gesture use in other activities like web browsing, reading save me more time overall than middle mouse in C4D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.