Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhino89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
When you are mirroring a ML display onto your TV with ATV2, how does the quality compare to the original on your mac? Is the video distorted or pixelated? Is there any lag between audio and video (when a person's mouth and sound doesn't quite match, for example)?

Thinking of buying a Mac in the next few months, and this is an important issue for me. Thanks!

squirrelist

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2006
San Francisco, CA
In my experience there is a lag from the computer to the Apple TV, though the video and audio both have the same lag so it's not a problem unless you're watching the video on your Mac and listening to the audio from your TV. It is pretty processor intensive so it doesn't work well for games and stuff, but it's fine for Hulu or Amazon video. It hiccups occasionally but I live in a high-rise with lots of WiFi networks so that might be an issue. I am going to try to get my Apple TV on ethernet soon so I'll see if that makes a difference.

eeclipse16

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
When you are mirroring a ML display onto your TV with ATV2, how does the quality compare to the original on your mac? Is the video distorted or pixelated? Is there any lag between audio and video (when a person's mouth and sound doesn't quite match, for example)?

Thinking of buying a Mac in the next few months, and this is an important issue for me. Thanks!

here is a sample
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mylt3HiqX1I

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.