Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:48 AM   #1
etsi
macrumors regular

server upgrade

If I upgrade from lion server to mountain lion will delete the server app? Is there a way to upgrade to mountain lion and get rid of anything related to "server os" ?
etsi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:43 PM   #2
qCzar
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsi View Post
If I upgrade from lion server to mountain lion will delete the server app? Is there a way to upgrade to mountain lion and get rid of anything related to "server os" ?
When I update I'll let you know. I've read that the current Server App on Lion will not run in Mountain Lion, but it doesn't look like you're forced to purchase the 10.8 Server App. I've bought an extra iTunes card just in case and will return it if I don't need it.

If you make the jump before me (likely on Sunday) can you inform me what the result was?
qCzar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:09 PM   #3
kcwjr
macrumors newbie

Server upgrade

I upgraded. The Server App under Lion ends up with a ?. The Server App is included in OSX Server update. Hope that helps.
kcwjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:10 PM   #4
crose01
macrumors newbie

Does it retain your Server Settings

When you installed ML Server did it retain your old server configuration?

I'm doing a remote install and don't want to reconfigure everything especially the VPN
crose01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Alameda
macrumors 6502

Is there really anything to gain from such an upgrade?
Alameda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:18 PM   #6
etsi
macrumors regular

The server app icon remains but you can't run it anymore.

"You can’t open the application “Server” because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

Software OS X 10.8 , the server tag gone.
etsi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:59 AM   #7
dyn
macrumors 65816

If you want to admin the Lion Server you need to do that on the Lion Server itself thus requiring you to remote control the machine (via ssh or via vnc/ard or something).
dyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking