Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I cannot move to trash the plist below... Any solution?
View attachment 349988
I recommend you uninstall AppZapper. In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

For trash problems, you may find some useful ideas here:

You can't empty the Trash or move a file to the Trash
Solving Trash Problems
Can't move files to trash
Can't Empty Trash on a Mac

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Yeah i use finder to uninstall apps. But i used for once appzapper cause i couldnt find a program with finder.

The point is that i uninstalled appzapper with finder and that plist is un-removable... I cannot move it to trash. Right click gives me no option. Double left click gives me that

View attachment 349992

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yeah i use finder to uninstall apps. But i used for once appzapper cause i couldnt find a program with finder.

The point is that i uninstalled appzapper with finder and that plist is un-removable... I cannot move it to trash. Right click gives me no option. Double left click gives me that

View attachment 349992
That indicates the item is already deleted. Restart your Mac and look for it again.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
If the item still exists after a restart:

1. Login as an Administrator.
2. Drag the actual file to the Trash (don't use right-click).
3. It should prompt for an Admin password.
4. Enter one.
5. Repeat as necessary.
6. Empty Trash.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
If the item still exists after a restart:

1. Login as an Administrator.
2. Drag the actual file to the Trash (don't use right-click).
3. It should prompt for an Admin password.
4. Enter one.
5. Repeat as necessary.
6. Empty Trash.

Any tutorial how to login as admin?.... I ve never done it before.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Any tutorial how to login as admin?.... I ve never done it before.
If you only have one account, you're already logged in as an admin. Go to System Preferences > Accounts and look at your account. It will show Admin under your name. Did you restart your Mac?

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
If you only have one account, you're already logged in as an admin. Go to System Preferences > Accounts and look at your account. It will show Admin under your name. Did you restart your Mac?

Yeap i am admin.

I just did the restart... It is still there and i cannot drag it anywhere either

I repaired disk per. Nothing...

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
When search results are shown, it only means the item was found in the Spotlight database. In theory, that database should always match the actual files. In practice, there can be errors.

One type of error is when something is still listed in the database but no longer exists as a file. If the Finder sees it doesn't exist, it can't show a path to it.

Another type of error is when something isn't listed in the database, even though it exists. This causes no search results even when the file clearly exists.

One solution for both kinds of errors is to reindex the disk. See this article:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2409

or google search terms: spotlight reindex

Note: Reindexing will only solve the problem if it's an indexing problem. If reindexing doesn't solve the problem, the only way I can think of to diagnose it is to have someone with a lot of low-level Mac OS X and Unix experience try to find the cause. I doubt that's worth the time or money.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
When search results are shown, it only means the item was found in the Spotlight database. In theory, that database should always match the actual files. In practice, there can be errors.

One type of error is when something is still listed in the database but no longer exists as a file. If the Finder sees it doesn't exist, it can't show a path to it.

Another type of error is when something isn't listed in the database, even though it exists. This causes no search results even when the file clearly exists.

One solution for both kinds of errors is to reindex the disk. See this article:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2409

or google search terms: spotlight reindex

Note: Reindexing will only solve the problem if it's an indexing problem. If reindexing doesn't solve the problem, the only way I can think of to diagnose it is to have someone with a lot of low-level Mac OS X and Unix experience try to find the cause. I doubt that's worth the time or money.

WOW that plist just gone... Thanks a lot mate. :)
GGJstudios thank you too bro :)

Case closed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.