Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1
FredT2
macrumors regular

Screen Sharing is not working in Mountain Lion

Never mind, rebooting the Mac Pro was the solution...sorry.

Last edited by FredT2; Jul 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
FredT2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:05 PM   #2
AKK2500
macrumors newbie

Mine is still not working...

It works on my MacBook Pro 13 i5, but not on my older iMac8,1 from 2008. I enabled the option in Screen Settings, but no icon shows up in the top menu bar. Any suggestions?
AKK2500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:43 AM   #3
estatesatty
macrumors newbie

Spoke with apple support and...

They had no answer. I was on with 4 different techs who had no clue. In my case, no devices and show up in the "shared" section of the finder. Actually, there is no "shared" section in the finder at all. Everything worked fine in Lion. I am running a mcb 13" and a 27" iMac...anyone else have luck getting a resolution? I know my problem is not HW related bc it worked fine in Lion. Help!
estatesatty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:47 AM   #4
brettuk
macrumors member

for me, screen sharing works much better in Mountain Lion, for example not crashing plex when logging in as another user
brettuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:13 PM   #5
thegreatgumbino
macrumors newbie

I'm running into a similar issue. Upgraded my Mac Mini to Mountain Lion this morning. Was previously running Snow Leopard. Used to be able to control Mac Mini screen on my Macbook Pro through screen sharing without issue. Open finder, click on shared Mac Mini, click Screen Sharing and it opened up.

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, open finder, click on shared Mac Mini, click Screen Sharing and I get a pop up with the option to 1) Share Display (which requires me to turn on the media center and grant permission to share screen = PITA), or 2) Log In. The "Log In" option hasn't worked for me. I click it and it appears to start loading and then nothing happens and the pop up reappears with the two options.

I want my old screen sharing back! Anyone figured out how to get this working?
thegreatgumbino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:17 PM   #6
whynot83706
macrumors 6502

I am having same problem, I can't share between my iMac and Mac Mini since update to ML.
whynot83706 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:38 PM   #7
thegreatgumbino
macrumors newbie

Finally had some success. Ran Software Update on the Mac Mini & there was a Mountain Lion update available. Installed the update and now the "Log In" option works.
thegreatgumbino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:17 PM   #8
PaulKemp
macrumors 6502

Im having the same issue. The iMac is with correct settings (I think), and wireless wake on (w)lan is enabled. Still, while I see it in the finder, it doesn't let me share screen nor ssh in terminal with ssh username@ip_of_mac to wake it up.

It works while the iMac isnt sleeping though. But I want to wake it on wireless remotely. A bug?

The user is the same user, but there is no directory server or AD in the back. Just the same user on both machines. Nothing is actively done with firewall on either machine.

Settings:
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:38 AM   #9
theprocess
macrumors newbie

Having issues sharing/controlling Lion screen with Mountain Lion (vice versa works perfectly fine i.e. Lion to Mountain Lion). Control seems to be working properly because pointer moves around but the image on Mountain Lion machine is messed up. Mid 2011 MBA running Mountain Lion and Early 2011 MBP running Lion.

Rebooting both machines and toggling sharing on/off doesn't clear the issue. Any help?
theprocess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:27 AM   #10
theprocess
macrumors newbie

Found that toggling between "screen sharing" and "remote management" clears the issue temporarily. PITA but it works. Hope this gets fixed in next update.
theprocess is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion