Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
New York
Hello, I just sold an Apple TV 2 on Amazon. However, before I sold it, I forgot to reset the device. I do believe it had my payment options on there to rent movies. Is there any way to unlink the device? Or is it associated with my iTunes payment information that I can change online? Just don't want all of my personal information going out there. Thanks!

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Hello, I just sold an Apple TV 2 on Amazon. However, before I sold it, I forgot to reset the device. I do believe it had my payment options on there to rent movies. Is there any way to unlink the device? Or is it associated with my iTunes payment information that I can change online? Just don't want all of my personal information going out there. Thanks!

Just hope the person you sold it to is honest.

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
New York
Just hope the person you sold it to is honest.

Actually, come to think of it, I restored it about a month ago and haven't purchased anything since. However, my Apple ID was on there and probably has it linked to iTunes Match and stuff.

Other than changing my password, is there anything else I should do?

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Hello, I just sold an Apple TV 2 on Amazon. However, before I sold it, I forgot to reset the device. .... Thanks!
I'd say don't forget to reset ANYTHING before you sell it, be it iPhones, iPods, macs, time capsules, apple tv, ALL of it. That's your personal information out there!

stordoff

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2009
Change your password and remove the device from your Apple ID (go to Your Account in iTunes and then "Manage Devices"). Not much else you can do, but that should stop any purchases being made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.