Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:26 PM   #1
SteveBeat
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to SteveBeat
Display flickers on iBook...

I have a 900mHz iBook running 10.4.2. Over the last week, whenever I type on the machine, the display flickers. When I remove my hands from the machine's casing, the flickering stops. Sometimes it goes completely black, and the only thing that can really bring it back is a rap on the case (light, but I'm still hitting my ***** machine to make it work, and that sucks).

Anyway, this is getting really annoying, and I am definitely not on warranty anymore, but is Apple willing to help with this at all? The machine has run amazingly for years, why all of a sudden is the display dying? AHHHH, it is flickering right now. I am typing this sentence on a black screen.

HELP!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:43 PM   #2
TMA
macrumors 6502a

My gut feeling is that Apple wont want anything to do with it at all.

An Authorised repair centre will be able to fix it, obviously for a price. It is probably worth having them inspect it, they might discover its just a loose connection and fix it for a small fee. Or, worst case, give you a quote for a new logic board or LCD (yikes!)

Good luck anyway!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs