Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveBeat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2003
I have a 900mHz iBook running 10.4.2. Over the last week, whenever I type on the machine, the display flickers. When I remove my hands from the machine's casing, the flickering stops. Sometimes it goes completely black, and the only thing that can really bring it back is a rap on the case (light, but I'm still hitting my ***** machine to make it work, and that sucks).

Anyway, this is getting really annoying, and I am definitely not on warranty anymore, but is Apple willing to help with this at all? The machine has run amazingly for years, why all of a sudden is the display dying? AHHHH, it is flickering right now. I am typing this sentence on a black screen.

HELP!

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
My gut feeling is that Apple wont want anything to do with it at all.

An Authorised repair centre will be able to fix it, obviously for a price. It is probably worth having them inspect it, they might discover its just a loose connection and fix it for a small fee. Or, worst case, give you a quote for a new logic board or LCD (yikes!)

Good luck anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.