Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:53 PM   #1
sofakng
macrumors regular

iPhone won't connect to iTunes after updating! Help!

So... I have a bit of a problem. I've tried iOS 6 beta 1, then reverted back to 5.1.1, jailbroke, un-jailbroke, etc.

Now I updated to iOS 6 beta 3 using iTunes (with my phone in recovery) and now even though my iPhone 4S is completely activated iTunes will not show anything for my phone except this:

Can anybody please help me out?

I've tried re-restoring, erasing all settings and content, etc. I also reinstalled iTunes, re-imaged my entire PC... I tried everything it seems!
sofakng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:08 PM   #2
sofakng
macrumors regular

OK - So I fixed my problem...

I erased all settings/content again, but then instead of connecting to iTunes to activate the phone, I just activated using wifi. Phew!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:43 PM   #3
ROYALEFATALE
macrumors newbie

i'm having the same problem after restoring via a pwnagetool ipsw, phone activated fine and worked, but got that white screen in itunes, i'm restoring the phone to original settings right now, how do i activate via wifi?
ROYALEFATALE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:09 PM   #4
sofakng
macrumors regular

During the initial setup of the phone where it asks your country, language, etc, it gets to a step where you are forced to connect to a wifi access-point or click "Connect using iTunes" or something like that.

If you have access to wifi then connect to that and it should activate and work OK...
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:09 PM   #5
ROYALEFATALE
macrumors newbie

thanks, i ended up just restoring through itunes to the standard firmware, then re-jailbreaking with redsnow rather than pwnagetool, and it's working fine.
ROYALEFATALE is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks