Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hf44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
hey, i was looking for a website to IMEI unlock my iphone 4 on 5.1.1, and i stumbled across this website? i saw the testimonials and it seems pretty trust worthy, but i just wanted to double check on this trusted site. anyone have any advice or any other websites? the prices are great, £59.99 which is i believe 120 for any AT&T iphone.

Last edited:

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
hey, i was looking for a website to IMEI unlock my iphone 4 on 5.1.1, and i stumbled across this website? i saw the testimonials and it seems pretty trust worthy, but i just wanted to double check on this trusted site. anyone have any advice or any other websites? the prices are great, £59.99 which is i believe 120 for any AT&T iphone.

I just got my AT&T iPhone 4S unlocked by them for 59.99GBP = 99 dollars. Worth every Freaken penny. Took 1 day! Reccomend 100%

LolaHB

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
It's illegal

It took more than 20 days waiting for them to send me the code and not do as well OfficialliPhoneUnlock tell me not return me the money without sending me any code or anything. This is a scam and I denounce.

ninachiu

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
OfficialliPhoneUnlock very irresponsible

I ordered and paid on Aug 5th 79 pounds for my iphone 4S locked to Swisscom.
After 14 days of waiting, I asked them to update me, and they just told me not to panic then no news at all.
On their FB, I left messages telling my situation (having been waiting for 21 days without any update) and they simply banned me from posting on their FB.

Don't trust them!!

Freezorro

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
Welcome,

I've seen tons of very positive reviews and very few negative. Anyway, somebody could help me figure out if this company will be able to unlock my iPhone?

iPhone 4
iOS 6.0
USA AT&T
firmware 04.12.02

THANKS

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Welcome,

I've seen tons of very positive reviews and very few negative. Anyway, somebody could help me figure out if this company will be able to unlock my iPhone?

iPhone 4
iOS 6.0
USA AT&T
firmware 04.12.02

THANKS

see the thread above! reviews and sites in there and much cheaper post 6

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
$100 just to unlock your phone is crazy. Im sure there are other cheaper options. Hasnt the iPhone Dev team figured out how to unlock the iP4 yet?

They must be slipping.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
permanent unlock for $20... well $50 is the cheapest I found...

ya didn't look through that thread then oh well to late now.. Sometimes it pays to read! ;)

----------

$100 just to unlock your phone is crazy. Im sure there are other cheaper options. Hasnt the iPhone Dev team figured out how to unlock the iP4 yet?

They must be slipping.

I just said some of us are getting under $20 check the link in post #6

Freezorro

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
ya didn't look through that thread then oh well to late now.. Sometimes it pays to read! ;)

----------

I just said some of us are getting under $20 check the link in post #6

is you mean $20 on craigslist... no way.

sweborn

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Do not use this page: officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. You will not get the money back if they can't unlock your phone. Even if they promise it.

Rogerchambers47

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

This is my recent experience with this Company in the UK:

Wed Dec 12 2012 05:30 pm
Dear Sirs I have registered with you to unlock my iPhone 4 which is a genuine bona fide phone purchased outright from Orange, and therefore should not be locked in the first place. Orange advised me to contact you because they had a delay in the system. Having taken the sum of £19.99 + VAT (£23.99)from me you now are advising me that you want an additional £109.99 before you will unlock the phone. Sirs I believe that this is ridiculous when the Orange cost to unlock the phone is £20. I require you to cancel my request to unlock this phone and refund my money at your earliest convenience. Roger Chambers

Their Reply
Thu Dec 13 2012 10:52 am
If you go to the FAQ's page it states A pre-order simply means that those unlocks are currently offline whilst we are in negotiations to confirm a price with the carrier and Apple. Hence why the price is always £19.99. Please note this isn't the final unlocking price which may be substantially more expensive - see the pricelist for typical unlock prices, they vary between £29 and £119 so expect something in this region.http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/unlocking_faq.php You can of course wait for the cheaper service which should be resuming in January, or you can transfer the cost towards a different unit. Yes we can cancel for you but unfortunately as per our terms and conditions we can't refund a pre-order as the service has been delivered (informing about when the unlock is available and a place reserved in the priority unlocking queue) Please note prices are set by the suppliers and not by us , we make on average £15 per unlock

My Reply
I am disappointed in your reply. The very fact that an iPhone 4 only has a value of under £150 (see eBay where you can buy them every day for under £150) makes your price for unlocking nothing short of usery. The price you are charging me £19.99 +VAT + £109.99 presumably + VAT which you don't mention, makes a grand total of £155.98.
You say that your price is only based on that charged by the suppliers, yet Orange are charging me £20 for the same service and this is not a jailbreak!

I will without further ado start to post on all the review sites and social networking pages that your service is quite deliberately misleading, takes longer than everyone thinks and is QUITE extortionate in pricing as it is more than the phone is worth.
There may be some satisfied customers from you but based on my own experience with your Company I find that difficult to credit.

My advice is get your phone unlocked by the network provider. If you can't or can't wait then buy a s/h one on eBay that's already unlocked, it will be much cheaper and at least with eBay you have some way of getting action if your ripped off, which in my own experience is unlikely.

sura09

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
it is scam

Let me share with my experience. I paid 109 pounds with hope to unlock my iphone (sprint). They committed to do it in 3-5 business days. It took them full 3 weeks to come back and tell me it is not possible claiming the unlock code is not available in itunes database. They also wrote that it is not possible and they will issue full refund. Then after a week I got another email sayying that they cannot refund and asked me to pay additional 40 pounds to unlock it. I realized that this is just fraud and refused to pay and asked refund. They did not issue refund and they did not answer my emails. They simple took the money and rub away. This can happen with anyone who is using their service, my advise is simply ignore their offer try to find another option, they will just stole your money ...

maidale

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
Let me share with my experience. I paid 109 pounds with hope to unlock my iphone (sprint). They committed to do it in 3-5 business days. It took them full 3 weeks to come back and tell me it is not possible claiming the unlock code is not available in itunes database. They also wrote that it is not possible and they will issue full refund. Then after a week I got another email sayying that they cannot refund and asked me to pay additional 40 pounds to unlock it. I realized that this is just fraud and refused to pay and asked refund. They did not issue refund and they did not answer my emails. They simple took the money and rub away. This can happen with anyone who is using their service, my advise is simply ignore their offer try to find another option, they will just stole your money ...

Unfortunately my experience is similar to yours. I have a brand new Iphone 5 purchased directly from apple which hasn't even been activated yet. After charging GB 79.99 and promising a 3-5 days unlock, they left me hanging for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks they came back claiming that my phone is barred and asking for another GB40.00 to unlock. I refused. Since then I haven't heard from them. e-mails go unanswered, phones don't get picked up and there's certainly no refund so far.
Any ideas what I can do to at least get my money back?

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Contact your bank or credit card company and see if they can help...

As alot of people have said its always worth reading alot of reviews and small print before giving away your money.

I would also recommend in future if your going to try one of these unknown services its worth using paypal or a credit card as you will normally be able to get your money back if its is a scam...,. or if its to go to be true stay well clear!

AlexVaq

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
They are scam, period.

I ordered an unlock for an Orange Spain iPhone 4S when it was available. After a few days, they stopped taking orders for Orange Spain and put it to pre-order. I saw in the status page that the unlocked had failed, and they ensured me a refund within 4 days. A month later, and after trying to contact them unsuccessfully, I asked my bank for a chargeback, since I paid with credit card. It must be working because they became really angry and sent me two emails threatening me.

Real companies don't threaten their customers.

By the way, I reported the police at UK. If any of you are having problems with them, I urge you to report to police.uk, so they see it's areal problem and they take actions against them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.