Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chelevi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
I got £70 voucher when i got my mac and it says to spend on apps etc but i really fancy myself a case instead. Curious about if I buy a case from the Apple Store app would it come straight out of my bank or would it take money off my remaining balance from my Apple ID??

Thanks

aidogz

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
This might be different in the UK, but in Australia I tried buying an Apple mouse from the Apple Store app with iTunes credit and it said I needed a different method of payment. It may have changed since - this was a while ago now - but unfortunately, it requires a credit card for purchases in that app as far as I know.

techiegeek1225

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Why won't you confirm at the store if you could just use the voucher to buy a case instead? If the voucher doesn't specifically say that it's exclusively for apps purchases then there could be a chance. I understand, if I were in your shoes, I'll feel the same way. There are hundreds of free apps and some paid apps cannot really consume the value of it. I'd also opt to purchase something more tangible, haha! Good luck!

brandyboot

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2012
i think vouchers are just for apps, im not sure but i never tried using vouchers for accessories... only for apps and games...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.