Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:05 AM   #1
eLoup
macrumors newbie

install Lion on a brand new ML iMac (preinstalled)

Hi everyone. I will be buying an iMac and am expecting (worst-case scenario, for me) that ML will be pre-installed on the iMac. However, for software compatibility purposes, it will be very likely that I need be be able to run Lion (heck, or even Snow L.) I am purchasing Nuke and Hiero (The Foundry), but unfortunately these two programs are not ML complaint, and there is a chance there may be compatibility issues. The Foundry does not seem very pressed to update Nuke or Hiero just for ML compatibility, so the wait may be long.

If I create a partition on my new iMac and install Lion or Snow L. on that partition and boot off from that partition, is this going to work ? I've never partitioned my Mac before, so don't really know how this works...

Many thanks for the eventual hints !!!

Jean-Loup
eLoup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Beezzy
macrumors 6502

When are you buying your Mac? Because Apple's isn't sending out new machines with ML until the ones are already with Lion gone and they'll just give you a code for ML.
Beezzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:29 AM   #3
eLoup
macrumors newbie

I'm buying as soon as I can, so today even, if possible. I have been holding off because I've feared compatiblity issues. I will be puchising from Apple.fr - I live and work in Paris so off the French Apple site.

If I purchase imediatly, I don't stand a chance to get a ML iMac ?

I know from experience that Nuke and Hiero both run fine under Lion, so if I get a Lion iMac I'll be really happy.
eLoup is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion