Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1
iheartmacs
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Mountain Lion and Office 2008 issues

Anyone having problems with Office 2008 and Mountain Lion? Notice a long delay especially with Entourage reading and composing emails..
iheartmacs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:33 PM   #2
kodeman53
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmacs View Post
Anyone having problems with Office 2008 and Mountain Lion? Notice a long delay especially with Entourage reading and composing emails..
Considering you are running software that's two versions old, it is amazing it runs at all.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3
peglegjack
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
When I tried to type in a document, I would type the word and it showed up 3 seconds later! This has to be fixed. Maybe it just needs some time.

Or maybe they'll patch it and not say anything.
peglegjack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:11 PM   #4
kodeman53
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by peglegjack View Post
When I tried to type in a document, I would type the word and it showed up 3 seconds later! This has to be fixed. Maybe it just needs some time.

Or maybe they'll patch it and not say anything.
Why would Microsoft patch such an old version of Office?
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:44 PM   #5
dfine1966
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Microsoft said both 2008 and 2011 are compatible. Did you do a clean install of 2008, or was it there while you upgraded to ML? Try uninstalling 2008 and reinstall. Also, make sure you update 2008. Microsoft just put an update to make it compatible a few weeks ago.
dfine1966 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:48 PM   #6
kodeman53
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
Microsoft said both 2008 and 2011 are compatible. Did you do a clean install of 2008, or was it there while you upgraded to ML? Try uninstalling 2008 and reinstall. Also, make sure you update 2008. Microsoft just put an update to make it compatible a few weeks ago.
I stand corrected. Microsoft is dumber than I thought.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:00 PM   #7
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68000
 
TacticalDesire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
Why would Microsoft patch such an old version of Office?
They are still supporting Office 2003. And will until 2014

That's the great thing about MS. They support their software forever and aren't secretive about when they are going to drop it.
TacticalDesire is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:16 PM   #8
DaveNJ
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Entourage 12.3.3 search not working

I'm getting 0 results when trying to use the search function in Entourage 12.3.3 under Mountain Lion. The Filter below it seems to work fine, but is a pain to use...
DaveNJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:52 PM   #9
peglegjack
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
Why would Microsoft patch such an old version of Office?
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecyc...2&y=4&p1=12853

Says here until 4/9/13.
peglegjack is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:24 AM   #10
macbook yes
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Every time I quit Word, it thinks that it has crashed and offers to re-open it and send a report. Does this happen for you?
__________________
Aluminum Macbook iPhone 4 iPad 2
macbook yes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC