Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xcallibur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Manchester
Hi all, I've been using 10.8 for an hour or so and come across two bugs already, the first being the revealing of messages attachments in finder and the second the continuous three finger tap on words in safari; both result in crashing of the applications.

Has anyone else found any bugs/can confirm these happen on all systems?

LngBchBear

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
Has anyone else found any bugs?

I guess it is a bug...Seems the wake up time is amazingly long. Never had these issues with Lion (it took less than a second to wake up and be running perfectly), but now it takes my iMac about a minute to become fully operational when it is awakened from being asleep.

Unacceptable!

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
This. I mentioned it before, its happened several times since upgrading to ML. I have it set to be arranged by name. It's supposed to be in a perfect grid pattern.

WTF-ML1.jpg

kn1ne

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not really using Messages on the Mac (at least until the feature to merge your email and phone number comes out this fall with iOS 6) so I can't confirm that bug, but the 3 finger tap on words doesn't crash Safari for me... didn't even know that was a feature btw, thanks for pointing it out :)

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
This. I mentioned it before, its happened several times since upgrading to ML. I have it set to be arranged by name. It's supposed to be in a perfect grid pattern.

I've had that happen to me a few times too. It comes and goes, particularly when I witch between sort by name -> kind -> name.

My biggest annoyance is with the fact that whenever I boot up in clamshell mode, my MacBook's display stays on even though it's shut. I have to open and close it whenever I start up to turn the display off.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I've had that happen to me a few times too. It comes and goes, particularly when I witch between sort by name -> kind -> name.

I think I've figured it out. I found it on Apple's Support forums.

There is a difference between "Arrange By" and "Sort By", both are options in Finder and there seems to be a bug when you select "Arrange By Name".

To select "Sort By", Ctrl+click (or right click) in Finder, then hold Option. You will see the "Sort By" menu appear. When you select "Arrange By>Name", for some strange reason, the "Sort By" menu grays out.

So, what seems to be working for me so far, is to select "Arrange By>None" and "Sort By>Name". Do that for all the folders you wish to organize by name. So far it hasn't gone all weird on me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.