Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apatim

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
I wish I hadn't upgraded to Mountain Lion

My older Dell 5100cn laser isn't compatible. I bought an inexpensive HP Officejet 6600 all in one machine at Best Buy which the sales rep said was compatible with Mountain Lion. Got it hooked up only to learn it isn't compatible either. Mountain Lion is going to cost me a lot more than $20 by the time I find a printer/scanner that is compatible.

I wish I hadn't upgraded to Mountain Lion now.

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
My older Dell 5100cn laser isn't compatible. I bought an inexpensive HP Officejet 6600 all in one machine at Best Buy which the sales rep said was compatible with Mountain Lion. Got it hooked up only to learn it isn't compatible either. Mountain Lion is going to cost me a lot more than $20 by the time I find a printer/scanner that is compatible.

I wish I hadn't upgraded to Mountain Lion now.

Sales reps at Best Buy generally don't know anything about the stuff they sell.

Do you have backups such that you can revert to Lion for now? It's hopeful drivers will be released.

I'm actually surprised the 5100cn won't work, since it's a PostScript 3 printer and should just work with anything without special drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.