Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:05 AM   #1
gwwwhhhaaattt
macrumors newbie

Reminders Showing in Calendar?

I know in Google Calendar if I set a task with a due date I can see the the "todo/task" in the actually calendar itself.

Does reminder work in the same way inside Mountain Lion's calendar? Is there a way to view both the reminders and calendar inside the calendar?

Thanks guys I spent an hour looking for an answer online but can't find anything.
gwwwhhhaaattt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 05:22 PM   #2
westonm
macrumors member

With the addition of the distinct Reminders application in Mountain Lion it seems no longer possible to view the reminders list as a panel in Calendar (née iCal).

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like it back.

I don't suppose anyone knows any hacks to get it back?

For reference:
Thumb resize.
westonm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Krazy Bill
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westonm View Post
but I'd like it back.
This is one of the reasons I keep falling back on Snow Leopard as my main OS.

An option would be to get BusyCal which works like the old iCal plus a few more features. It's $50 though. (I think).
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4
westonm
macrumors member

I've tried Busycal on and off, although not for the last 6 months or so. It's nice but a little heavy for my needs. I'd also like it's interface to be cleaned up a bit. Not that faux leather is terrific.

It's pretty rare I'm annoyed by changes made to OS X. But if I had a craw, this one would be stuck in it. Apple giveth and taketh away...
westonm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion