Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
I have never seen an official one but...Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind buying one to help out the site.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
mad jew said:
How exactly would MacRumors wear a T-shirt?
Har dee har har. ;) Actually, that would be sorta nifty... I read in an older thread that MR used to have mugs for sale that enabled you to be considered a "contributor." I'd rather a t-shirt, but of course, the chances are that they wouldn't have a cutesy, smallish cut, t-shirt anyways. :rolleyes:

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
I wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything computer related.

Maybe I'm just different. Not that I don't support MR, but wearing computer clothes IMO is too tacky and dorky.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, sorry for the lame joke people. :eek:

EJBasile said:
Maybe I'm just different. Not that I don't support MR, but wearing computer clothes IMO is too tacky and dorky.

I agree! I mean, do you want to be beaten up?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
mad jew said:

Maybe a ":rolleyes:" and/or ";)" would have helped. But I had a feeling you were joking :D

mad jew said:

No. But I still would want to wear a "tech shirt". I just don't think it's really that tacky. I mean I guess having a picture of a Power Mac G5 with the side cover off printed on the front of a shirt would be sorta overboard. But I don't think a logo would be tacky. I would love to have a t shirt with an Apple logo on it. But I don't think I would feel the same with the Dell logo, now that would be tacky. I think as long as it's simple and not too "loud" it's ok, IMO.

:) :cool:

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Wearing a Dell t-shirt would be the last thing a PC zealot can do... :eek:
that would be embarrassing... Now, if the guy with the MS tattoo wears one, would be disgusting :p ...

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Mental note: use more smilies. :)

I still think that wearing an online forum logo emblazoned on a T-shirt would be asking for trouble. I personally have nothing against it, but unfortunately I doubt the thugs of this world agree. :( :mad: :eek:

:D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
mad jew said:
I personally have nothing against it, but unfortunately I doubt the thugs of this world agree. :( :mad: :eek:

:D

Asking for trouble, ey?
I have a sure-fire way of dealing with anti-tech bullies.
When they start to beat you up, take out your iKlear and spray it at them. It makes a pretty good mace.
I mean, I know I carry around my iKlear with me, so it's all good..
It'd be like that episode of Seinfeld with the cherry binaca. :p

wait, you mean you DON'T carry your iKlear for on-the-go obsessive cleaning!

Neither do I!
Carry on.

*walks away whistling*

edit:
and ya, I would wear a MacRumors shirt just as long as it comes in sizes other than XL... I look absolutely silly in my The Woodlands apple shirt... (stupid one-size-fits-all-Mac-Nerds thinking. :p)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Yes now, we can all use our imaginations a bit. I don't know about throwing down $20-$30 on a t-shirt that has a huge screen of MacRumors!

But a little MR apple logo on the left boob? I'm down! Maybe on the back of the t, centered, just below the collar; in tiny font, MacRumors.

See, wouldn't that be nice?

:edit: Besides, it's only geeky if someone knows what it (MR) is-- but then they can't truly make fun of you now, can they?! HA HA HA!

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
EJBasile said:

I'm a computer tech; I could wear something like that to work (during the summer anyway).

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I am sure that it would be very easy to make a MR t-shirt... I am almost certain that Kinkos has the heat-transfer printers required to do it. All we would need to do is come up with a unified design and put the images in a PDF file or something. Then we can all just take the pdf file to Kinkos along with blank t-shirt. Shouldn't be too hard.

HP even has Iron-On transfer paper, so we could do them ourselves. All you need is a blank t-shirt, the paper, an inkjet printer, and iron and a logo.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
great idea jdechko! No, I'm the farthest from looking like a dork possible, but I dont have any beef with wearing a shirt with the forum im apart of on it...I mean as long as it was tight...i can think of ideas right now...IMO the mac rumors logo is ugly, BUT it could still be put together nicely on a tshirt...I might even try to design it myself

only if you already have some dork appeal to you...I can make anything I wear look hot...it's really all in the attitude...

I was really asking though because of the upcoming ibook sale in VA it would be kinda tight to see which forums people are from where that's all...it would be like a time for fellowship

anyway, another forum I go to often is niketalk.com and trust me....wearing a shirt from a messageboard that you're a regular at is not taboo to most of them

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
mad jew said:

It's like those stupid humanities shirts. A kid in my neighborhood was selling them as a school fundraiser. Who really wants a shirt that has glow in the dark fire flies on it or a shirt that say "Plant a Tree, make your mother proud". (and for every shirt that you buy you save a whopping 100sq ft of a rainforest- is that the land after they cut down the trees?)

Too Tacky. Unless you work for apple then I guess it's ok since that might be what you wear to work.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Heh...

The Cafepress site isn't really "live". you can order from it, and will work. Products are priced at cost, so we actually get no profit from these current prices.

It wasn't public because I hadn't finished it. I think the back text should be slightly lower.

arn

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
arn said:
Heh...

The Cafepress site isn't really "live". you can order from it, and will work. Products are priced at cost, so we actually get no profit from these current prices.

It wasn't public because I hadn't finished it. I think the back text should be slightly lower.

arn
Could you make the text smaller, too? Anyway to get this to be similar to that old mug offering? I'd love for MR to benefit somehow. :confused:

jiv3turkey748

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2004
atlanta
EJBasile said:

ya im the same way im more of a closet nerd

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
devilot76 said:
Could you make the text smaller, too?

Yes, just a little bit please. :)

Maybe offer a gray shirt as well. I have too many white t-shirts as it is... If you could, arn.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
arn said:
Heh...

arn
Good work though, arn. Even though it was discovered before the "official" release, it's great to see. And by all means, raise the price a couple dollars to give CafePress MacRumors a fighting chance! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.