Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:08 AM   #1
EarthNeutron
Banned

URGENT HELP NEEDED!! bricked mbp

So I own a 2011 13 inch base MBP model. Today, I upgraded the ram and the HDD to 8gb corsair 1333 MHz and Samsung 830 128 gb ssd. I had mountain lion installed on my old HDD. After changing the HDD, I presses cmd+r, to start Internet recovery . However , I got an error while downloading the OS (which I don't know if it is lion or mountain lion): error -2004F. The image i got is the earth with a triangle with an exclamation mark inside and bellow there's apple.com/support -2004F
Is this an apple server problem or a MBP problem? I couldnt find the error on the apple support page.

Please help me!

Thx.

Note, since my laptop supports Internet recovery, I didn't use any device to transfer my data from my HDD to the ssd (since i do not own one) and was planning to transfer my data from my time machine external HDD.

Thank you.
EarthNeutron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:20 AM   #2
Pentad
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthNeutron View Post
So I own a 2011 13 inch base MBP model. Today, I upgraded the ram and the HDD to 8gb corsair 1333 MHz and Samsung 830 128 gb ssd. I had mountain lion installed on my old HDD. After changing the HDD, I presses cmd+r, to start Internet recovery . However , I got an error while downloading the OS (which I don't know if it is lion or mountain lion): error -2004F. The image i got is the earth with a triangle with an exclamation mark inside and bellow there's apple.com/support -2004F
Is this an apple server problem or a MBP problem? I couldnt find the error on the apple support page.

Please help me!

Thx.

Note, since my laptop supports Internet recovery, I didn't use any device to transfer my data from my HDD to the ssd (since i do not own one) and was planning to transfer my data from my time machine external HDD.

Thank you.

I do not think there is anything wrong with your MBP.

Why don't you turn off and turn on your MBP WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE OPTON KEY. This will bring up the boot menu. From there you can select any boot device that your MBP finds including Internet Recovery.

Try IR again and let us know what happens.

Again, I do not think there is anything wrong with your MBP so do not worry about that.

Also, if you have your OLD HD, you can always attach that drive to a USB or FW cable and boot directly from that if you need too.

-P
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:32 AM   #3
EarthNeutron
Banned

SOLVED: it was actually my airport express again. 2 days ago apple gave me a refurb because the old one (3 months old ) broke. Now it seems that this one broke too. Wtttfff Apple?
EarthNeutron is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro