Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:35 AM   #1
adlytamer
macrumors newbie

Exclamation iPad not detecting sim

Hey guys, it's been a while now and my ipad2 is not detecting the sim card, sometimes rebooting the device works but some other times it stays like this for hours and even days. It suddenly says NO SIM. Did any of you guys face this problem before?
And is it a sim problem or the iPad problem?

Last edited by adlytamer; Jul 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
adlytamer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Gjwilly
macrumors 68000

I had this with my iPhone and even after replacing the SIM, the problem persisted.
I could eject and reseat the SIM, reboot, or cycle the power and all three would bring back the SIM but only temporarily.
By the next day it would be doing it again.

Apple thought the phone must have been damaged so I had Squaretrade replace it.
Start with a new SIM if you can but if that doesn't do it you might be looking at mechanical failure.
Gjwilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:19 PM   #3
adlytamer
macrumors newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjwilly View Post
I had this with my iPhone and even after replacing the SIM, the problem persisted.
I could eject and reseat the SIM, reboot, or cycle the power and all three would bring back the SIM but only temporarily.
By the next day it would be doing it again.

Apple thought the phone must have been damaged so I had Squaretrade replace it.
Start with a new SIM if you can but if that doesn't do it you might be looking at mechanical failure.
Thanks a lot, will do that
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:32 AM   #4
adlytamer
macrumors newbie

Problem still

I did everything problem still persists

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting