Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1
jason.siegel
macrumors 6502

AirPlay Screen Mirror. What About Dual Screen?

It's my understanding that ML can mirror its screen on a TV with an Apple TV. Is there any way to enable dual screen rather than screen mirroring? Right now I attach my Air to my TV via a Thunderbolt-HDMI adapter, and then watch Hulu through my browser on the TV. I can then do work on my computer at the same time. It would be great to do this wirelessly, but screen mirroring will only leave me one workspace rather than two. Any thoughts?
jason.siegel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:49 PM   #2
robgendreau
macrumors 68000

I don't think you can do this; it already takes some serious hardware just to mirror.

I'd settle for just the ability to go full screen on the main monitor and be able to work on the second monitor, but we can't even do that.

Rob
robgendreau is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion