Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:23 AM   #1
lost4nao
macrumors newbie

Applications/Duplicate Icons

I have a couple questions.
1.Firstly, on the bottom right hand corner of my screen, there is a new thing on my dock between downloads and documents that says applications, however this applications icon doesn't include every application, and most of the ones on there are marked by an X, indicating they are incompatible with ML.
2.Which leads me to my next question, on launchpad there are duplicates of nearly every app (calculator, dictionary, iphoto, etc) and half don't work, how do I get rid of these icons?
3.Also, I seem to remember something along the lines of icons on dock having the mirrored image under only if the application was open, but ML has all the icons with mirrored images. Or maybe I'm just mistaken, in which case is there any way to know which applications are running without open windows?
4. Oh, and I gained a couple GBs of space, is this normal?

Sorry, this is my first OS upgrade as I got my MBA after Lion came out.
lost4nao is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion