Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:37 AM   #1
dkersten
macrumors 6502a

Where is the next place you will travel to?

One of my life goals is to travel as much as the world as possible....

Therefore, where is the next place you will travel (whether for vacation, business, any other reason).

Also feel free to recommend any place you have traveled to before and really enjoyed.

*Pictures are encouraged but by no means required.
dkersten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:40 AM   #2
ender land
macrumors 6502a

The next place I will travel to is about 20 minutes away, and I will be leaving in under an hour.

To answer the question you meant - I would like to travel to the UK and/or Ireland.
ender land is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:53 AM   #3
wordoflife
macrumors 604

New York City.
wordoflife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:57 AM   #4
dkersten
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender land View Post
The next place I will travel to is about 20 minutes away, and I will be leaving in under an hour.

To answer the question you meant - I would like to travel to the UK and/or Ireland.
Haha nothing wrong with humor. As for UK/Ireland, I spent about a week there visiting family (specifically London). I liked it so much I plan on spending at least a semester there to study abroad.
dkersten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:34 AM   #5
snberk103
macrumors 603

It won't be the next place, technically, but our next big trip we are planning is the Dempster Highway, in the Yukon. Goes from just east of Dawson City to Inuvik, on the Mackenzie Delta (on the Arctic Ocean). Well over 700km - no trees, and on gas station. We'll go in August/September - but in the winter they extend the highway with an ice road on the Mackenzie to Tuktoyuktuk on the Arctic Ocean.

Way cool.

We've done some driving in the Yukon, Whitehorse to Atlin; WH to Skagway, Alaska; WH to Dawson; and a couple of other places. It's an amazing place. They are still pulling gold out of the hills, a lot of extraction are still individuals and families placer mining. The scenery is unparalleled, and the air as clean and clear as you can get.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:11 PM   #6
smithrh
macrumors 68020

Asia. Not sure if it will just be Japan or if I'll be able to (or want to) add China, Thailand etc into the mix.

I last visited Japan in the nineties, been meaning to get back there since then. I was there on business, I didn't take full advantage of being there.
smithrh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:13 PM   #7
Kevin8316
macrumors newbie

Seattle in September. I haven't been there since 1996. Going hiking on mt rainier too.
Kevin8316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:14 PM   #8
maril1111
macrumors 68000

Sweden, just for a couple of days... Its nice and cheaper than denmark but the weather tends to be just as unpredictable.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:47 PM   #9
MorphingDragon
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to MorphingDragon
Your Mums for a coffee.
MorphingDragon is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:56 PM   #10
VPrime
macrumors 68000

It depends on the time for me.
If I go somehwere this winter I am thinking Australia.

If I go next summer it will probably be with family to Germany, then visit other places while I'm there.
I did this last summer, and went to Rome, Paris, Salzburg Austria, Mashhad Iran.
I think Salzburg is definitely a place to visit, amazing scenery. The whole place looked like a post card or some sort of perfect environment form a movie.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:08 PM   #11
twietee
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPrime View Post
I think Salzburg is definitely a place to visit, amazing scenery. The whole place looked like a post card or some sort of perfect environment form a movie.
Missed a good opportunity to visit Salzburg this year and it should be as pittoresque as you described it. Next year maybe.

This year will be Istanbul with an easy 'first step onto the asian continent' for me and probably a short trip to Stockholm. If my plans work out as supposed, I can spent even the whole December in Berlin, which isn't the place to be during winter but still great as that's where I was born.
twietee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:45 PM   #12
wvuwhat
macrumors 65816

I have hit pretty much everywhere I have wanted to in the United States playing golf. The last two to check off are TPC Sawgrass in Jacksonville, FL and Torrey Pines in California.

I recently got my passport and am planning to travel to Sydney next year and then Puerto Rico the following year.

Also, may take a trip with an Uncle (living here with a green card) of mine living in South Carolina to London that he takes every 6 months or so. It'd only cost me airfare, so I figure I almost have to do it.
wvuwhat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:57 PM   #13
MusicEnthusiast
macrumors 6502

Next big trip for me is Japan. I went there 4 years ago on an exchange program. Now that my brother is studying abroad for a year, I am going to visit him for Christmas/New Years. Might be climbing Mt. Fuji and watch the sunrise. I think it'll be good practice of my Japanese language skills so far I'm stoked!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:03 AM   #14
eric/

Chicago
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:51 AM   #15
Mord
macrumors G4

Either San Francisco or São Paulo, not quite sure yet.
Mord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:56 AM   #16
pivo6
macrumors 68000

Phoenix to visit the in-laws
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:18 AM   #17
Dagless
macrumors Core

Business trip on Wednesday to London, maybe Tokyo in October. London again in November (twice).
This year I went to LA and Cologne. It's all for business, but at least its one way of seeing bits of the world.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:45 AM   #18
steve2112
macrumors 68040

I have a three day weekend coming up, so I'm thinking of driving up the Blue Ridge Parkway, or at least part of it. It's the first weekend in October, so I hope the leaves will be turning by then.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:34 AM   #19
4JNA
macrumors 68000

next trip is to the grocery store. need milk.

place i am looking forward to going to again is City Museum in St. Louis.

the place is like every little boys best dreams come to life. crawl, climb, explore, run, touch anything you like. best money i've ever spent on admission. i've two boys (7,9) who spend the whole day trying to keep up, and all the way home fast asleep after a full day of pure exercise/fun. being tall, there are a few spots i can't get through or get stuck in, but that's also part of the fun. 3 thumbs up if you have a chance.

and then Maui or Jamaica. hard to beat Hawaiian Moons or Dunns River Falls.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:53 PM   #20
yg17
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4JNA View Post
next trip is to the grocery store. need milk.

place i am looking forward to going to again is City Museum in St. Louis.

the place is like every little boys best dreams come to life. crawl, climb, explore, run, touch anything you like. best money i've ever spent on admission. i've two boys (7,9) who spend the whole day trying to keep up, and all the way home fast asleep after a full day of pure exercise/fun. being tall, there are a few spots i can't get through or get stuck in, but that's also part of the fun. 3 thumbs up if you have a chance.

and then Maui or Jamaica. hard to beat Hawaiian Moons or Dunns River Falls.
The City Museum is awesome
yg17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:10 PM   #21
Prototypical
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
Haha nothing wrong with humor. As for UK/Ireland, I spent about a week there visiting family (specifically London). I liked it so much I plan on spending at least a semester there to study abroad.
Ireland is fantastic. My wife and I spent our honeymoon driving the coast of the entire southern half of the island over ten days, and I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could. I've never seen such beautiful views around every corner.

As for me, we'd like to see Rome, Venice and the Amalfi Coast next. Maybe a trip to the East Coast in the interim.
Prototypical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:22 PM   #22
WoodNUFC
macrumors 6502

I'll be going to Cape Town in December.

I'm really itching to get back to the UK sometime soon too. This is the first year in five that I haven't been there at least once.
WoodNUFC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:31 PM   #23
h1r0ll3r
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototypical View Post
Ireland is fantastic. My wife and I spent our honeymoon driving the coast of the entire southern half of the island over ten days, and I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could. I've never seen such beautiful views around every corner.
Ditto. Spent a week in Shannon for my buddys wedding. Very quaint, sleepy little area but very scenic indeed. It was along the coastline so there were some very nice places to see although I didn't get to see much since I was there for a wedding and I didn't have my DSLR with me either

For me, back to Denver (again) for another ski trip next February. Normally I like to visit someplace only once unless it's somewhere international but, it's Denver so going back to Vail/Breckenridge/Keystone ain't exactly a bad thing IMO
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:52 PM   #24
Love
macrumors 68000

Either Hong Kong, Seattle, or Trois-Rivières, depending on how some things pan out.
Love is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:09 PM   #25
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototypical View Post

As for me, we'd like to see Rome, Venice and the Amalfi Coast next. Maybe a trip to the East Coast in the interim.
I love the Killarney area of Ireland. This fall I'll be taking one of those Viking River Cruises from Amsterdam to Prague. Fingers crossed it is worth it however, I've received lots of positive feedback as to their enjoyment.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
business, travel, traveling, vacation